Chapter 26 - Back to the Burrow

Harry had never had a better sleep than the sleep he had that night. There wasn't a single dream that put him on edge, he was just happy. He did, however, wake up to Hedwig nipping his ear a little harder than usual.
"What do you want?" mumbled Harry, adjusting his eyes to the light from the window. The owl sat on Harry's bed and offered its leg to Harry. Harry noticed that there was a small amount of parchment tied on Hedwig's leg. He fiddled with the knot and then slid the letter off.
"Thanks, Hedwig." said Harry, in a less grumpy tone as he had properly woken up. He brought the letter up for him to look at, and he heart skipped a beat when he finished reading it. It read:

To Harry,

Arthur and I have both decided that it would be nice for you (and your parents) to come and stay at ours for Christmas! I have spoken to your mother and she is more than happy for it to happen but we obviously don't want you to feel pressured if you'd rather stay with your family. Sirius and the others will be coming on Christmas day if that's a problem and we'd love for you to stay for at least a bit. Do please consider our offer!

best wishes,

Molly

Harry pushed himself off of his bed and stumbled over to Ron's bed, re-reading the letter. Harry's hand was placed on Ron's shoulder when Harry began to shake.
"Ron!" whispered Harry in a shouting way.
"Ugghhhhhmm." groaned Ron. Harry shook his shoulder more viciously.
"Ron!" he repeated. Ron lifted his head from the pillow and stared at Harry in a tired and angry way.
"What?" asked Ron. "I was sleeping." he stated.
"I could see. But listen, Ron." smiled Harry eagerly. Ron's frown lessened as he pulled himself up to hear what Harry had to say. "Read this. Your mum just sent it to me! How cool is that! I can stay at yours!" he exclaimed. A large smile grew across Ron's face as his eyes darted around the parchment.
"This is so cool!" said Ron a little to loudly, and a groan was heard from Seamus' bed. "Whoops." he mumbled.
"Are you coming straight to ours then?" asked Ron in a hushed voice.
"I guess." said Harry shrugging. Ron nodded. He looked around the room and his face filled with shock.
"I forgot to pack yesterday! I need to be super quick!" said Ron, and he leapt to his feet. Harry then gasped and put his hand to his mouth.
"I forgot as well!" he exclaimed, and he ran to his bed to begin shoving clothes into his trunk. 

It took a while for Harry and Ron to finish packing their trunks and when they looked at their completed work it was not tidy. By the time they had finished, the boys who had already packed their clothes the previous day were gone.
"Oh well." shrugged Ron, and Harry laughed. They got changed into the clothes that they had left spare and then stuffed their pajamas into the tiny crevices of space in their trunks. Harry slipped on his trainers whilst Ron waited for him at the open door. Harry tied the shoelace of his second shoe and looked out of the door to see the opposite door opening. Out stepped Hermione in her own muggle clothes. She was wearing a red and white striped crop-top that bared her tummy and she also had on some tight blue denim jeans. Her hair was tied into a simple pony tail and she had completely white trainers. Harry felt no change in mood as Hermione walked out of the door into sight, but Harry had to hide his grin when he noticed Ron fall flabbergasted. Hermione smiled to greet the two boys, and waved at them. Harry saluted casually whilst Ron just stuttered and lifted up a seemingly limp arm.
"H-Hello uhh Hermione." mumbled Ron.
"You nearly forgot my name their Ronald. You okay?" asked Hermione happily. Ron nodded a little too eagerly, and he watched Hermione as she dashed off. Harry finally finished with his lace and stood up to Ron's level (though still a little shorter).
"Why don't you just ask her out?" smiled Harry curiously. Ron turned his head and gave Harry an absurd look.
"What? Do you- do you think she likes me?" stuttered Ron, shocked. Harry nodded.
"Definitely. She's waiting for you to realise!" explained Harry. Ron closed his open mouth and stayed quiet for a bit.
"When should I ask, and how should I ask?"asked Ron.
"Just, open up. Tell her your feelings. Explain what it is, and then just ask her to go out with you." stated Harry simply. "I don't know when. You could do it today, but it's up to you. Do it soon, before she loses interest."
"She could lose interest?" asked Ron, nearly shouting.
"She hasn't lost interest yet. I think she fancies you. Correction, I know she fancies you." said Harry.
"And you don't mind? You don't fancy her?" asked Ron.
"It's your sister I fancy." mumbled Harry under his breath so Ron wouldn't catch it.
"Pardon?"
"No. I don't fancy her." he smiled. "Oh, whoops. I forgot to send the reply to your mum about me staying. You go ahead, I'll be down for breakfast in a bit."