9] A Tragic Start

9] A Tragic Start

It's hard enough running blindly through a castle residence as huge and gothic as this, which meant each room was designed for minimal light. The walls were black, the floor was dark grey, the furniture was carved from rock itself. The whole place was magnificent and part of me was so sad that I wouldn't have a chance to enjoy it, if Eros killed me in haste... before he realised that I was telling the truth. I had dreamt about him and our bond was real.

I skit around slippery, dusty floors, coughing in the dust and stale air as my hands run along walls, looking for weapons.

I run through room after room, the place had at least twenty floors on the bottom level and three levels above. The castle was formidable.

I finally run into a room at the end of the magnificent hallway that stops me in my tracks.

I gasp as I witness a meeting room... with thrones. Two of them.

And they're not empty.

Two skeletons are hunched in the thrones, with swords rammed through their chests... the dried blood had stained the swords permanently. The dead Erebos were a King and Queen.

"Lily! Oh, how sweet you'll be, after running from me, right before you become a delicate morning tea... blood and me... I like blood on me.... hmm... Lily, sweeter than the sea..." Eros has entered the building. He's singing a song.

He's singing while hunting me down. If his face was godly handsome and his voice was a snarl and a half... his singing was something else.

Another delusion of delicious beauty to slow me down.

Shit.

Instead of running safely into the throne room, I stumble back from the terrifying skeletons of dead Erebos.

He sees me stumble back into the corridor and he's waiting down the other end, with his hair blowing behind him, as if magic is filling his body while in this Ezili Castle.

"...there she is..." Eros watches me without a smile, stalking quickly but not running.

He doesn't need to run.

I do run, however, into the opposite room and I almost cry in relief when I see a fire place and an iron poker still in the metal basket beside it. I grab the hilt of it and turn around, holding it up to protect me from my mate.

Eros slides into the doorway, having far too much fun with a sly smirk on his face, he rests against the archway with his head leaning back, not a part of his magnificent large form moves but his eyes track me as I back away towards the sole window.

Only a decimated rug separates us, including my hot poker.

"I surrender," Eros murmurs, losing his smirk... he is in silent awe of my reaction as he watches me with eyes of a murderer... not a defeated Merka.

He's mocking my attempt at defence, his blue ice eyes focusing on the fact my iron poker is shaking in front of me as I face him, that my arm can't even hold the weight of it. It wasn't a light sword.

I was pale enough from no food, shovelling a grave and running up and down those steps.

To top it off, I was now running for my life.

When I say nothing, out of pure fear choking my voice box, Eros seems slightly confused.

He leans his head forward and then takes a slow step forward. Then another. He pauses to watch me, to see if I flinch... then another step closer... I don't move, aside from my wobbling weapon. He takes another small step and when I cringe in on myself, wishing I could take a step back but I can't... his lip twitches, but he doesn't smile.