35] A Peace to Court

Eros allows me space when we're back at the Ezili Castle. Presumably because he's well fed and well fucked. Not only on mortal blood, but mate's blood; my blood. He congregates with his Erebos Generals, white eyed Bellus, black eyed Nereus and golden eyed Tethys.

I'm wearing a red dress I've picked from a special chest in Eros' bedroom. I'm left in a rather awkward position, with four female Sirens; Erin, Octaz, Vortem and Emy.

They used to be led by Irsa... now I had taken her place.

The Sirens sit wearing black webbed dresses, drinking blood and wine from goblets in a drawing room, while my Darvs... the Servants of the Water's Will... are out of their tanks, chained to iron loops in the ground.

Halina the warrior, Zandy the Dolphin Charmer, Darya of the Cursed Song, Roanne of the Sharks and Rivea and Vanora, the Pirate Lovers. All powerful in the Ruin, now held down with chains while I sit in a chair between both groups of girls, starkly in the middle, with my hands clasped on my knees, raising a brow at my friends and whispering, "Shouldn't have sent me back here with that curse on my hand, huh...? I guess the Water's Will is dishing out some karma... what do you think?" I try to be humorous about it, attempting to smile, but the six Darvs just glare up at me, "...but..." I continue, hesitantly, "I do have some news. It involves different species. That's why I asked the Sirens to be here."

"First off. If you're a Queen, order us free from these chains!" Zandy whines, "Please, Lily, this is so barbaric. What's the point?"

"Wait for the male Erebos to calm down," Erin of the smokey green gaze, sips her blood and wine, smirking, "They'll grow to like you better if you enjoy their dark side... love the chains, little sweet things, they suit your pale skin..."

"Love? The first chance I get, I'm slitting Bellus' throat!" Darya yells.

"I'll kill them all too!" Halina screams.

"You can talk, Erin, you're not in chains," Roanne snarls.

"Just wait till we're back in the water –!" Rivea speaks for Vanora and they hold hands, waiting patiently for their freedom.

All my Darvs turn to me, after having their quick spat, I sigh. They're also dressed in black webbed dresses generously shared by the Sirens, who chuckle from their love seats, barely fazed by the Darv's complaints.

"Everyone please just calm down," I ask, clasping my hands, "I have some interesting news. Halina, Darya, Zandy, Roanne, Rivea, Vanora... a quarter of our blood is Erebos... not only that, but we are all sisters of the same mother, Fantasia, who is a half-breed. We are all of the same age, and our father is a mortal. So, that means we're half mermaid, one quarter Erebos... and one quarter mortal..." I bite my lip and let the news sink in.

It was important to share, because this was going to shape our destiny.

The Darvs go deathly quiet, suddenly rather interested.

The Sirens also raise their brows, some bite their lips or lick their teeth, looking at me.

"Oh, really?" Vortem of the grey eyes, murmurs, "How did you come to know of this, Queen Lilith?"

"It's just Lily, please," I smile awkwardly, "Eros used his Drift Pendants to gather some secret knowledge."

"What?" Halina whispers at me and I shrug, "How is this going to help us now, Lily? We're still in chains."

"Lily, please, when will we be released? Any word?" Darya buds in, "If they want allies –"

"You are allies of Ezili," I cut her off, "That is why I brought these Sirens here, they need to teach us how to be like Erebos. We need to learn about that side of us. We already have been in a way, in the Ruins, learning of our unique abilities! So, Sirens," I turn to them, "Please, help us... if we learn how to fit in, maybe I can convince the Merka Erebos to let them free..."