[Part2] ⤀ 30] The Blood of Seven

[Part2] 30] The Blood of Seven

The glass door plucks from the seal, and then creaks open as I stand back and wait for Eros to launch.

I have already closed my eyes and kept arcing my neck back – waiting for the bite.

I hear the chains rattle, but all I get is a hot breath hissed over my face.

When I check to see what the delay is – I notice Eros is tethered to the walls too tight.

I had to unleash him by walking in there and taking off the chains.

"The iron," Eros drawls in a hiss, as patiently as possible from a rasping throat, "Please."

His eyes burn with malice.

I see he wants me in the enclosure with him, but I know where that will lead.

"No. Eros. I'll not bend over and undo your chains," I throw him the key instead, and it lands at his toes, "Do it yourself," I speak dryly as I turn, "...it's your kid, Eros..." I whisper it as I turn from him, unable to even look him in the eye as I say it, "My sisters lied for a joke," I leave quickly to allow Eros time to escape on his own, unable to face him again while my rage simmers just below the surface of my calm exterior.

A happy moment, a life changing moment – destroyed by my sister's petty games.

For a laugh – for something to gossip about behind my back.

The difference was that I was not gifted with a small thing in our seven, nor was I mated to a tame Merka.

I was in love with a monster and I had the power to drown whoever I so needed.

And I was done being played.

****

I arrive to the Prophecy Ritual naked, without blood, without my King – but, I do come with a rage in my heart as I grab my sister's hands and we kneel in a circle, while the Clans all watch from around.

I do not alert them to the fact Eros will now be free – and roaming in the crowd.

I decide he can make his entrance however he so pleases – I would not cage my mate again; ever again.

Strangely so... I trusted Eros, after my small betrayal, to do the right thing by all of us.

He knew what I achieved anyway, with him under lock and key for a short while.

Perhaps I wasn't too sure, but perhaps he could overlook it as a smaller sacrifice for a better future now that the foundations of a new rule were finally being set down.

"Crest Clan and all others, tonight," Darya begins, "...we look into the Water's Will... we weave a Prophecy for the future... to protect the Island from threats we cannot foresee, but we can certainly predict..." which made total sense.

I close my eyes, simply so no one sees me roll them in frustration.

"We need you all to hum a dark tune – Clan of Firth," Halina murmurs next.

"Pavati – bow your heads," Zandy is next.

"Pelagic, silence for our recent dead," Roanne whispers and I freeze knowing she refers to Aegir and his allies now gone. I do not appreciate the disrespect for mentioning them in loving terms, but I keep in my growing rage, for now.

"Ezili," Rivea speaks for herself and Vanora, "Close your eyes and listen to the beat of your lonely hearts."

"Elders," I speak for the council and all respected older souls of Belle Island, "Give us your wisdom, but most importantly watch for ghosts that may try to haunt the visions we now choose to see," and my last line, "Most importantly, everyone must close their eyes once the water finishes boiling in the basin."