18] A Sweet King

18] A Sweet King

I run straight to the ground floor after remembering that my tank may provide me some form of protection. However, when I glance down towards that opening bridge that connects to that area of the castle, I see two Sirens feeding on a strangely dressed... mortal? Biting into either side of his neck... in fact, I only pause long enough to consider if I should just run past them... to quickly deciding that there was no way I was going down there... especially when they both bite in so hard that the head just slips and tumbles off the side of the bridge.

Seriously.

Watching a decapitation was so not what I needed right now.

My gag reflex almost has me throwing up my breakfast on the spot. Feeling faint, I wave my hand in front of my face and stumble sideways and into the nearest open arch, falling to my knees away from the sight of such violent horror.

I stare at the ground, knees weak as I try not to think about that horrible way to die. I clasp my throat with both hands, feeling my erratic pulse. I close my eyes and think... about Eros' cock... just another violent thing to face.

I think briefly that questioning a Siren might actually be a good idea, since they were the usual mates to Erebos.

But then I hear words, masculine words and I bother to look up at the drawing room I just collapsed into.

Those same three male Erebos from the Deep Sea cave were sitting upright on rock carved lounges, mostly naked except for a roughly made cloth with a black web around their hips. They had clearly been in a deep chat about warriors or the coming war in the sea, because in each hand they held a large curved sword.

And now they were somewhat snarling under their breath because I just interrupted their little meeting.

To make matters worse, my legs had turned to jelly and I was frozen. My instincts were screaming play dead, or something like that. Running was too late. Even though they wouldn't harm me from Eros' orders... I couldn't move. My arms wrap around my breasts and I squish my thighs together while my gaze scatters across each man.

When a feel a leg brush into my back, I let out a high pitched scream of terror, jerking away from the thing behind me. I crawl to the side and glance over my shoulder... my mate. Eros is standing there, watching me with a very bemused, barely hidden smile.

"My little critter..." he murmurs, watching me literally scuttle my way backwards on my hands and feet towards the fire place at the side of the room. I kneel beside it and my hand boldly lies on yet another iron poker. Eros' lips twitch into a down fall and he glances at his three male friends, "Perhaps you can help me –"

"No!" I scream out.

Oh, gosh no, no, no, no.

If I experienced anything else overwhelming to the senses I might just pass out again.

"...in explaining..." Eros pauses, as if disgusted by interruption and my kneeling form, "Never. Mind." He grinds the words out and his friends wait impatiently for his next words, "I have decided we need a multitude of slaves who will look after this one..." he nods to me, "I can not care for her all day while she's crawling around on all fours, panting and squealing at nothing," he snarls these last two words at me directly and his ocean eyes pulse with annoyance and power, "...worse than a half-wit..."

"Coral Mermaids are meek, my King," one of the Merka speaks, confidently, "Send her to the females, they'll teach her how to think like a warrior."

"Oh, what a lovely idea, Lily –"

"No... no," I whisper each word, shaking my head, "...but thank you?"