[Part2] ⤀ 19] Sleep, Truth and Blunder

[Part2] 19] Sleep, Truth and Blunder

I meet Eros on the sand, my hands loose at my sides, as he steps forward like he didn't just murder Lir and rip every single limb from his body.

Eros faces me down with a look of absolute betrayal, "...you strayed..." Eros speaks very quietly, choking on the last word, "...because I strayed..."

Wait.

Did he just admit a wrong doing?

Still...

"Whether you stray or I stray, or the sea dries up, or the rain ceases to ever fall – no matter what happens –you're not allowed to murder my friends like that, ever again, Eros!" I try a authoritarian tone. I'm surprised to see it comes easy, as long as I'm speaking from the heart, "How dare you reduce yourself to such a base level. Lir did nothing and now he's –"

"Base level?" Eros tilts his head, "...you are not the poet with words–"

"I am a Sentinel – and I order you to leave the Island and never come back!" I cross my arms and I hold my chin up, "You and I, will attend matters of our soul's bond – away from my home. Somewhere neutral. The Deep shall do us just fine. Until then, don't come back or I'll have to kill you. And I think I can do it."

"...a threat...?" Eros slowly leans down to my level, grinning wide, showing bloody teeth and meat still caught in his fangs. Ew. I cringe away from it, wanting to close my eyes, "Threaten me some more... Lily... how adorable that you'd even try."

"I. Am. A. Sentinel. Of Belle Island," I stay firm as I step back from Eros and he steps back too, into the shallows.

"He was a squealer," Eros chuckles, off topic, "But tasty."

"Eros," I hiss, as he keeps walking backwards into the ocean, "Where are you going?"

"I am going to fuck Blade in your Ruins; my Ruins," Eros turns as he says his own threat, diving in to get swallowed by a wave.

I know I shouldn't take the bait.

But I do.

"Fucking eel –!" I swear under my breath.

I storm down the beach and I head towards the Ruins by foot, not daring to enter the ocean.

I did have an advantage, however.

I cursed the Ruins, I made it a Siren's trap. I practiced singing at the walls, so that the echo of my words were present with the wind.

If my practice trap worked – I'd have Eros finally tame for the night.

My curse would test his resolve, his intelligence but also my practice with my own skills.

It was time to see if I wasn't totally useless after all.

****

I arrive and alas my home is empty. Eros and Blade are not fucking in my shallows, in my Ruins.

I check all the caves out back; all empty.

Eventually I wait for a howl of wind to echo my curse forward, but when the wind arrives – my voice is no longer present in any shape or form.

Which means the trap was sprung successfully.

Sleep, Truth and Blunder.

In a book of curses, I learnt this one because it was simple. I used my voice, tapping into my blood of a Siren. If the rest had been a success, then I had to check if Eros had ended up where I instructed him to walk with my song.

****

Approaching the Ezili Castle, I see the doors swung open, recently. Success. I head into the pitch darkness, as the rest of the windows were still boarded up. I use my memory to reach the second floor, and when I peak into Ero's old bedchamber – I gulp with my win.

Eros is naked, face down, sprawled out, and drooling into the sheets.

I look around but Blade is nowhere to be seen in the shadows.

I head into the dark room, and I pull off one of the boards from one of the windows to let in some extra light. When I turn around, Eros is staring at me but he is frozen and confused.

"Got you – finally – quiet," I murmur under my breath as I slip forward and kneel on the floor by his head. Eros blinks slowly and the smallest tear is rolling out of one eye, "Hey, big boy, how are you feeling?"

"Mama," Eros whispers – like a child.

Shit. He's having a delusion. I'm impressed by my own curse if it's working this well. His deepest secrets and deepest fears should be spilled if I ask the right questions.

"Tell me," I speak gently while I brush some hair off his cheek, "Why are you upset?"

"I lost all my friends and family," Eros whispers again, "I'm... always too stubborn..."

"I know, and violence isn't always the answer either," I answer back, "Eros –"

"I know the answer," Eros growls out, his voice starts to turn Rough, but he doesn't lose the glazed look in his eye, "...surrender to the Clan rules, mama... cooperate, obey... to give our Clan a chance... but I'm too selfish... I wanted them to bleed like you did... I'm so tired... can you hold me? Mama?"

"Yes, Eros," I jump up and land on the bed behind him, scooping an arm around his waist, he doesn't move but I feel his muscles relax – and then he starts to breathe a bit deeper, the trance taking him under into a deep slumber.

I lie my head back down, my arm around my mate, while I breathe in his sweat from behind.

Attuning my senses to such smells... I could smell his current state.

Eros was primarily fearful.

I hold onto his back, as I place my forehead on his hot skin and I too, relax.

It was nice, for once, to have him so subdued.

I'd enjoy the silence while it lasted –

A loud scuffle on the floor boards, sounds from behind me.

I look over my shoulder, almost about to scream when I see Blade shuffle out of the shadows. Wearing nothing at all, Blade looks dazed and confused, his head bruised from walking into a wall. I hadn't seen him.

I watch Blade approach the bed and stand, blinking, unaware of anything. The curse got him too.

I turn into Eros and hold him a bit tighter, hoping Blade just sleep walks away somewhere else.

"...my love... is that you...?" Blade asks.

"No," I whisper into Eros' back.

Blade takes that as a yes.

I glare over my shoulder as he stumbles onto the bed, then smoothly and suddenly shuffles right in. Yep. Right in to my back, Blade drops a lazy arm over me and also Eros, his head above mine, his lips kissing Eros' neck, while I'm squished right between.

"Why is the ship anchored?" Blade growls out.

"Go away," I growl back. I try to elbow Blade, gently – but his hand smacks my arm back over Eros' hip, and he seems to snuggle in tighter, restricting all movement.

I'm too hot, I can barely stand it – and then I feel Blade's whole body relax next.

A deep sleep.

Both of them.

How the hell did I end up here again?