16] A Delicious Breakfast

I drool back to consciousness with a strange sense of delirium... sickness. A rough and large palm on my cheek is patting me awake while I lean into it. My legs are covered in the softest duvets and my back is pressed against a wall of muscle.

I groan awake, blinking, my eyes foggy as I feel a piece of raw fish being shoved between my open lips. I chew on it and swallow while salty finger tips on my lips tempt me to stick out a tongue and lick them clean.

My stomach does a little flip as the fish hits low, it gurgles and I let out a burp of swallowed air.

I hear a rumbling chuckle through my back, a husky whisper in my ear, "...eat!"

I open my mouth, smelling the crunchy apple before I even taste it. I take a large bite, I chew and raise a weak hand, wiping at my eyes. My vision is clearer but dizzy and my head spins when I try to focus so I keep my eyes closed.

"I think I'm going to throw up," I groan and try to stay still while Eros presses the apple to my lips again.

"More," his throaty reassurance is enough to help me ignore the nausea and take another bite.

I snuggle back against his naked body, one of his arms is tight around my waist, holding me up while he lies back on some pillows.

This was definitely an upgrade from getting a belt to my backside.

I chew each smaller bite slowly, waiting for my energy to kick into gear.

It's a long process and Eros is patient the entire time that I lie up against his chest, waiting for each bite of food.

The next portion is a yummy sea lettuce, and I happily gulp that down a bit quicker.

"...a fan of tasteless salad... really...?" Eros murmurs into my ear and he sounds intrigued by my enjoyment of the green vegetable as well as disgusted at the same time.

I moan out a whiny complaint and open my eyes... and finally... the dizziness has subsided enough, but I remain still just to see what else he has in store.

I'm surprised to find a silver platter on my lap, lined with all kinds of food he has gathered for me.

Island fruits, sea born veggies, sardines and even some boiled eggs, caviar, mussels... he really went to a huge effort to have a large selection. Eros breaks off a piece of coconut and continues to feed me.

I guess he was feeding what he considered his food supply, so no wonder he was enjoying this.

I take a bite of the coconut and murmur my approval.

"Where did you get all this?" I ask with my mouth full.

"Feeling better now, are we, Lily?" Eros keeps murmuring into my ear even though he didn't have to be so quiet, "I told my Clan to each choose a food item so I could present you with whatever you wish."

"Oh, wow! I didn't expect you to be so... generous..." I whisper, "I thought... you kind of despised me, despite the fact I'm your m –" Eros picks up a shell with the mussel in it and shoves it in my mouth, upturning it so I have to focus on swallowing it.

I gobble it down whole and elbow him in the ribs.

"Stop judging me, Lily, you're breaking my black heart," Eros roughly growls into my ear... but it's somewhat... kind of... real?

"I was just telling you my feelings," I whisper and reach up for the food myself.

Eros slaps my hands away from the platter almost immediately.