21] A Lie

OK U CRY BABIES WHO COULDN'T HANDLE LAST CHAPTER HERE IS YOUR RESOLUTION A WHOLE WEEK EARLY SO Y'ALL CALM. DA. F. DOWN. <3 sigh. i love you still, you silly star fish, silly silly star fish, i flip my flipper at you :P - flip flip flip FLIP FLIP FLIP FLIP i love you, you lil shits I wouldn't do you one like dat, jus read, jus READ ON DAMN IT

:)

21] A Lie

The cave becomes a well of water and I transform to swim through the tunnel. On the other end, it opens into an open cavern, slightly higher than the sea, with a large shallow rock pool and still water. I turn to my mortal form and scurry across the rocks, taking in the large cavern that over looked the ocean. This would be on the other side of the castle, under another side of the cliff. A second bay.

However, I can't stop staring at this huge space, which looked... more than a natural formation.

Carved into the black stones in the ceiling, were seven Coral Mermaids. The rock was carved to perfection on the tails, every detail was showing for each scale. That wasn't all. The back of the cavern had some sort of circular meeting table made from stone.

The whole area seemed important.

I step into the shallow rock pool, which was filled with shimmering objects. I inspect what I first believe to be shells, until I realise they are something else entirely, just buried under some sand.

I lean down and pick up the shimmering scale, black... from an Erebos.

I gulp down my emotions about Eros' betrayal and it's hard, but I somehow manage to keep it in, while my vision and mind is momentarily distracted by this new place.

"...so... strange..." I whisper to myself, feeling a slight pulse of heat through under my feet, sending vibrating movements to my spine.

Was there magma underneath these rocks?

I hold the Erebos scale in my palm, clenching it so tight it digs into my skin.

Eros... was here.

I could feel him staring.

I look to where I swam out of the tunnel, and I see a pair of ocean blue eyes and a smug smile. He's slowly rising from the water in his predatory way.

I am speechless from a rush of too many violent, rage filled thoughts at once, so I simply turn and gaze out to the ocean.

I try to control my emotions, to stay calm, but I see yet another pair of eyes.

Violet eyes. Irsa is standing at the other end of the cavern, far out near the rocks, she's a small size, but she leans against the jutting cliff and watches me intently while running her hand through her knotted hair.

Even from here, I can see her smile, similar to Eros' smile.

"I trust you know I'm not a virgin now, sweet Lily," Eros walks out of the water, drawling arrogantly to himself. He approaches from my side with no regret, no shame, no concept of betrayal, "Your silence... it's strange for you, half-wit."

"Don't," I turn to Eros because he's half way to me across the cavern floor, "Do not. Come. Any. Closer."

Eros halts and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Angry, sweet–?"

"You betrayed me, Eros!" I yell it and my voice echoes, "I'm your mate! Not her!"

"Until we mate, no... you're not," Eros snarls to match my volume competitively, breaking his composure for a second, "What are you going to do, run away? I'll chain you to your tank and fuck her against the glass if I want to. Until you open to me, Lily, I will do what I like."