I need to learn Occlumency, because I can't get you out of my thoughts.

Hogwarts. A place that's supposed to feel like home. A place where everyone belongs.

Kat Stratford always thought that was a bunch of bs. Surveying the platform, it was obvious she didn't fit in and she was proud of it. Sure, people thought she had "anger issues" and that she was "too violent", but she didn't care about her reputation. A path easily cleared for her as she marched to the train.

Regulus Black also didn't fit in, but he, on the other hand, did care. Or at least he was supposed to. He had been trained to look down upon anyone not part of a pure-blood families. To only associate with Slytherins. He had stopped truly believing all that stuff a while ago.  He had been told that was what would make him well-liked, but here he was starting his 5th year with only one very geeky friend: Frank Longbottom. His older brother Sirius, on the other hand was the most popular guy in school and Regulus seriously didn't understand why.

"Reggie! Same old, same old." Frank greeted, motioning to the cliques of Hogwarts surrounding them. "How was your summer?"

Before Regulus could greet his friend back, a gangly boy said, "Hey Frank, excited for Broom Cleaning Club this year?"

"Frank? I don't know a Frank..." Frank laughed nervously and pulled Regulus away. Regulus raises an eyebrow. "What? I'm not gonna associate with him this year. I'm not a nerd."

Regulus wanted to disagree, but just shook his head. They walked towards the train and looked around at the crowd. Frank started describing the groups they passed. "The Beauties. We could never sit with them. The Butter-beer Fanatics. They get crazier every year. Are they constantly on a sugar high? The Beatles Obsessed Muggleborns. I mean, I like Lennon as much as the next guy, but keep it to yourself. And The Slytherin Elite."

"Loser!" jeered one of the older Slytherins as Frank tried to wave.

Frank scowled and said, "I was one of them until stupid Lucius Malfoy spread that rumor that-"

"-that you buy secondhand clothing? Yeah you've only mentioned it a thousand times." Regulus replied with a roll of his stony grey eyes. The two of them had both been part of the "Popular Slytherin" clique, but Frank had been kicked out and Regulus had isolated himself to stick with Frank but also because he found some of their ideas sickening.

"Don't worry, they'll pay." Frank said as menacingly as he could. Regulus had to stifle a laugh. They turned away and spotted a couple of Gryffindors blocking the door to the train.

"Salazar..." Regulus exclaims, a blush growing on his face. "Is that Bianca?"

"Don't even think about it. She's Bianca Stratford."

"I burn, I pine. I think I'm in love. Does she get more beautiful every year?"

"Oh yeah, she's beautiful and deep." Frank responds sarcastically, gesturing to Bianca bragging about her new dress to Lily Evans. "But anyways, you know she and her shrewish sister aren't allowed to date. Even if you tried, her father is the Dark Arts professor. He would murder you in your sleep. One spell, you're dead."

"Uh huh. Yeah." Regulus nods, still staring after Bianca with his mouth ajar. He'd had a crush on her for over a year now and hadn't said a word to her. "I think this is the year that I'm gonna get with her, Frank."

"Hello? Incredibly uptight father?"

"Yeah. Cool." Regulus says, lovesick. He was entranced by her shiny golden hair and kind green eyes. He didn't notice the odd look another black-haired boy gave him from across the station.

"Looks like my baby brother's got a crush." Sirius mutters to his friend Remus Lupin.

"Bianca? Oh don't let James know. He'd squish him like bug." Remus mutters back, glancing at the curly haired boy in glasses also staring after Bianca as their friend Peter Pettigrew repeatedly tapped him on the shoulder to try to get him to move.