Without you I feel like I'm in Azkaban and dementors are sucking away my soul.

Kat sat by the Black Lake with a sketchbook in hand, writing furiously. Bianca tentatively approached her, bearing a cup of tea

"You want?" Bianca offered. Kat smiled and took the tea.

"Thanks."

"So, you sure you don't want to go to Hogsmeade with us? It'll be fun." Bianca said cheerily and sat down beside Kat. "And I know you think Regulus is cool. Don't even deny it."

"No, I'm fine." Kat didn't even muster a retort. Bianca frowned at her usually vivacious sister. Surely, she wouldn't miss a chance to demean Bianca's new boyfriend.

"Look. I don't know if I ever thanked you for going last night, but it really meant a lot to me." Bianca said, patting her sister's shoulder gently.

"I'm glad. Isn't Black a dumb name for a lake?"

"... For sure."

Regulus, James, and Lily jogged up to the pair, looking very chipper indeed.

"So you and Lily are friends again?" Kat asked with a raise of her eyebrows.

"Yea, well she apologized and we talked it out and we're on good terms now. Turns out she was jealous of me? But now we're all happy. And going on a double date!" Bianca paused. "Of course, not everyone. Some people are moping."

Kat glared at her in response. "I'm not moping."

"I said people are. I could be talking about Sir-"

"Don't. Don't say his name."

"You can't be seri-"Regulus said.

"Don't say his name!" Kat shouted, putting down her sketchbook.

Regulus, noticing the seriousness of the situation, backed off. He whispered to James "I wish Sirius would just apologize already. They clearly miss each other."

"This is Sirius. He can't ever be serious. Don't expect him to apologize or take accountability any time soon." James whispered back.

"Hey. You ready?" Lily said softly.

"Mm hmm." Bianca said. She got up and patted her sister's head.

"See you later." they all chorused and Kat waved bye.

When Kat missed lunch, Professor Stratford took it upon himself to search for his daughter among the spacious Castle Grounds. It took him too long to realize she sat near the Black Lake, relatively near the castle

"Where did your sister go today? You both went missing." he asked, approaching Kat. He sat next to her with a big heave.

"She's meeting some bikers. Big ones. Full of sperm." Kat said sarcastically.

"Funny. So tell me about this dance. Was it... hoppin'?"

"Parts of it." Kat sighed.

"Which parts?"

"The part where Bianca beat the hell out of some guys."

"Bianca did what?!" That certainly wasn't the response he had expected. He turned away from his daughter and towards the lake.

"What's the matter? Upset that I rubbed off on her?" Kat smirked.

"No. Impressed." her father said with a smile. Kat looked up from her sketchbook, surprised at her father's approval. "You know, fathers don't like to admit it when their daughters are capable of running their own lives. It means we've become spectators. Bianca still lets me play a few matches. You've had me on the sidelines for years. And when you go to that Dragon Reserve, I won't even be able to watch. A dragon could just eat you up whole."

"When I go?" Kat gasped, her mind racing with the possibility of being in a new country, far away from English men and in the company of the much kinder dragons.

"Oh, boy. Don't tell me you've changed your mind. I already sent 'em a couple gold drachmas for late registration."

Kat, overjoyed, reached over and gives him a hug.  "Thank you."

***

The next day, Sirius sat at his desk morosely as people chatted around him. As a final project, Binns had insisted they write poems in the style of Skeeterian Sonnets.

"Did you write your poem, Padfoot?" Remus asked. He held a think pile of parchment in his hands.

"What do you think?" Sirius responded grumpily.

"How rebellious!" exclaimed Peter.

"Really though, your grade is gonna plummet." James frowned.

"Shut up, you lot." Sirius shrugged, he let his head hit the desk in front of him.

Kat entered the room, her robes swiftly grazing Sirius' desk. He looked up at her in anguish. 

"I really don't have a chance anymore do I?" Sirius directed his question at her but she was out of ear shot, not sparing him a second glance. Memories of her laugh and her face of disgust at his jokes pushed intrusively into his mind. He missed her. He missed her more than anything, definitely more than he missed his family since he ran away. 

"Settle down, class. Who would like to read their very own poem in the style of the great Eliana Skeeter? A most talented woman, I must say. Countless literary acclaim and awards. I do hope her ancestors carry on the tradition of writing." Professor Binns droned.

"I would like to go first." Kat stated loudly, silencing most of the room.

"Is it offensive, Ms. Stratford?"

"Not really." Kat replied.

"Very well. Stand up, my dear."

Peter elbowed his friends. "How much do you wanna bet it's about Sirius?" Remus and James both glared at him.

Kat stood up and began to read the angry scrawls on her parchment.

"Bloody hell!" Sirius exclaimed, burying his head in his hand once again.