We may not be in Professor Flitwick's class, but you sure are charming!

The 7th year History of Magic class was bound to be interesting. Gryffindors and Ravenclaws had it together, meaning the ever troublesome Marauders were in that class. It also meant a very aggravated Kat.

"Rowena, all we learn about in this class is misogynistic white men. We haven't learned about even one powerful woman." Kat muttered to her friend Alice Fortescue, slamming the syllabus on her desk.

"Then why did you take the class?" Alice sighed.

"Obviously to see me everyday, Alice." James smirked from behind them. He tossed a stolen snitch from hand to hand mindlessly.

"Shut up, Potter." Kat growls. "No one wants your soggy ass."

"Dang Prongs, she's destroying you." Sirius Black laughs from beside him.

"What's all the fuss about?" the ghostly form of Professor Binns floated over to the three of them.

"Katerina here was just telling us some insightful things about your curriculum." James said sarcastically. It was obvious his ego had been bruised.

"Is that so?" Profesor Binns said, turning to Kat.

Without missing a beat, Kat said, "I was just wondering why we revere a majority of the people on this syllabus when they were either misogynistic, abusive, or alcoholics?"

"As opposed to a bitter witch with no friends?" James added. A few people started laughing and all of Potter's friends were smiling. Including Sirius. Kat clenched her jaw and pulled out her wand.

"Now, now settle down. And that's enough Kat. We're learning about quite a few women-" Professor Binns defended.

"I would hardly call 2 out of the 30 people we're learning about 'quite a few' and I suggest you change or add to your curriculum. I mean, it doesn't even mention the Witch Suffrage movement and-"

"Kat-"

"There are plenty of important women we can learn about. They made equally significant contributions to society. We barely went into detail about the female founders of Hogwarts last year and-"

"Go see your Head of House. Now." Professor Binns said in an angry but wavering voice.

"Gladly."  Kat frowned and packed up her stuff, making sure to hit Potter with her bag on the way out. She hoped Flitwick wouldn't be too mad. She had to admit she was quite a handful and was constantly getting in trouble. Flitwick had tolde her he had hopes that Kat would be less angry this year. Kat didn't intend to live up to his expectations.

"Again Kat? Merlin, what am I going to do with you?" Flitwick said as Kat walked on.

"All I did was express my opinion."

"That is relatively mild compared to what you did last year."

"I know, right?" Kat had been much more... aggressive with her views last year.

"Glad to see you making progress. Nothing I say will make you stop, will it?"

"If you mean you're going to try to eradicate my right to freedom of speech, then most definitely not." Kat said. Clearly, Flitwick was starting to wear down. He rolled his eyes and waved her off.

"Alright then. Get to class Stratford. Goodness, you're the reason I have white hair. You and the Marauders." Flitwick sighed.

"I'm surprised you didn't put up more of a fight this time. I'll probably see you soon." Kat said cheerfully, glad she didn't have detention. Last year she had gotten over 52 detention. One for every week in the year and she wasn't even trying. She was just assertive in defending her views.