Did you survive Avada Kedavra? Cause your drop dead gorgeous.

"Hey Kat!" James whispered loudly from behind her, poking her with his broom. "Got a date for Saturday?"

"Do you mind?" she growled, moving away from them.

Kat was minding her own business, sitting on the bleachers of the Quidditch Pitch before practice when Sirius had decided to sit next to her. He had brought James along for moral support. He needed just a little bit of help charming Kat.

"Not at all." James says poking her again. "Just answer the question. If not, I can set you up with someone great."

"He means me, love, in case you were wondering." Sirius added. Kat continued to move away from them until she was nearly falling off the bleachers.

"Come on, Kat. We all know you haven't got laid in a long time, maybe even ever. You're secretly jumping at the opportunity." James said. Sirius noticed her seaweed-colored eyes flash with anger.

James poked her with his broom and this time she got up, grabbed it from him, and snapped it in half.

"Hey! You bitch!" yelped James.

"Whoops." Kat says, feigning innocence. She hid a smile as she stalked away from them.

"She-she broke my broom! How c-could she?!" stuttered a very stricken James Potter.

Sirius looked on with a delighted grin and said, "She sure is something."

****

"Whoops?! That's all you have to say?!" shrieked Kat's father as he paced back and forth across his office. Kat sat calmly in front of him, not showing remorse. "It's gonna cost a fortune to repair that boy's broom."

"Just tell them I was possessed by one of the many Hogwarts ghosts. Or that I had a seizure or something." Kat responded, crossing her arms.

Yes, what she did was violent. Yes, it was slightly uncalled for as James hadn't really done anything other than be irritating. Yes, she was in very big trouble. But she didn't regret a thing. Seeing the look on that pompous asshole's face was priceless.

Her father paused and said, "Is this about the job acceptance? Are you punishing me because I want you to stay close to home?"

"Aren't you punishing me because mom left us?" Kat responded bitterly.

"Leave her out of this, Kat." his voice took on a dangerous edge. He collapsed into a comfy armchair and sighed wearily.

Kat scowled at him. "Fine. Then let me make my own decisions."

"I'm your father! That's my right."

"It's almost my birthday. Then I'm an adult."

"You'll be 18. You don't know what you want."

"I want to go to Romania! Does what I want not matter? Stop controlling my life because you can't control yours!" Kat yelled back, standing up.

"Oh yeah?" her father said. He looked at her with desolate eyes.

"I just... I just want you to trust me to make my own decisions." Kat whispered forcefully. With that, she marches out and slams the door.

As she marches down the hallway towards the Ravenclaw Tower, Bianca intercepts her.

"Did you really ruin James Potter's broom?"