I might as well be under the Imperius curse, because I'd do anything for you.

"Bloody hell." muttered Sirius, throwing his quill down. Sirius and Kat had begun studying at the library together, and as much as he hated to admit it, he was actually enjoying it. Kat could not, however, change his hate for History of Magic. "I can't do this. I might as well just drop out."

"C'mon. History isn't that difficult." Kat paused. "I don't know if I could handle Hogwarts without you."

Sirius grinned and slammed his hands on the table. "Run away with me then!"

Kat just laughed at his antics.

"You know you want to."

"Realistically we wouldn't survive. Especially with your incompetence." Kat said and Sirius pouted.

"But you love me, right? You wouldn't run away without me?"

Kay stared intently at her paper and blushed. "I don't know. I'd probably be better off on my own."

Sirius walked over to her side of the table and tilted her face towards him, smiling at her flustered expression. "But you wouldn't leave me, would you?"

"... No, I guess not." Kat said grudgingly. Sirius' smile grew and she leaned in to kiss him.

"NO PDA YOU HOOLIGANS." screeched Ms. Pince. Several students turned to stare but the couple just laughed.

"I can't take any more studying. Walk with me?"

"Sure." Kat agreed. The two of them packed up and walked out of the library hand in hand.

"I don't want it to be winter break yet." Sirius sighed.

"Are you... Do you have anywhere to go for break?" Kat asked hesitantly.

"James offered. But I don't want to be a burden, y'know?"

"You know you'd never be a burden to him. He's your best friend, for crying out loud."

"True." Changing the subject, Sirius continued. "There's something off about him. He's always walking around with a smile and sneaking out our room late at night and disappearing at odd moments."

"Must be a girl." Kat stated matter-a-factly.

"Really? You think? But he just broke up with your sister."

"She's moved on."

"Hm... you think he'll ask her to the Slug Party?"

"Oh, maybe. Then we'll find out who she is. Or maybe they wanna keep it a secret? I wouldn't pry about it."

Sirius suddenly stopped walking and pulled Kat into a kiss.

"What was that for?" Kat giggled.

"I just like being around you." Sirius smiled. Staring into her glittering eyes, he came to the startling realization that he was falling. Him. Sirius Black the Player of Hogwarts. "I kinda really like you." he said earnestly.

"I kinda really like you too." Kat said softly, snaking her arms around his waist.

***

Reg and Bianca had done nothing but argue since they'd gotten to know each other.

"Bertie's are trash! They simply can't be your favorite." Reg said throwing his hands in the air.

Bianca just stared at him with a frown. "Maybe I like surprises, Reggie."

"Chocolate frogs are better though. You know I'm right." Reg continued stubbornly.

She laughed and placed a hand on his. "I guess we'll agree to disagree."

Reg quickly pulled his hand away. "Speaking of I think I have some in my pocket."

"I'm good." Bianca pouted as Reg rifled through his pockets.

"Salazaar, Frank must have eaten the last ones. Or did I leave them in my room?"

"Perhaps it's up your ass?"

"Wait. Wait a minute. If I offended you, I didn't mean to! You just make me nervous and- " Reg defended, face flustered. The truth was that the more he got to know Bianca, the more he realized it was really just infatuation.

"Let me ask you a question, Reggie. When are you going to ask me out?" With that, she got up and stormed off.

Regulus, perplexed at what to do, put his head in his hands. "Shit."

"You're an idiot." Marlene called out from the table behind him.

"Thanks, Mar."