Chapter 1 - New Home

*Authors Note:

Hey readers! I decided to start over and make it better so enjoy this new chapter 1!

"Please, raise your seat backs and tray tables up. We will be landing in New York City shortly," the flight attendants voice sounds over the speaker.

I glance out the window and feel the butterflies of excitement in my stomach as I take in the view.

'I can't believe I'm moving to New York City,' I think to myself.
'New city, new life, new me,' I repeat my mantra in my mind.

I will never be that weak girl that I once was. I will never be her again.

After navigating around the crowded JFK airport, I find my bags and wait in the hot summer heat for my turn at the cab stand.

"Damn girl! How the hell are you still looking good and pretty in this heat and humidity!?! It's fucking awful!" The girl behind me says as she taps my shoulder.

I turn to face her, laughing.

"I'm from Charleston, South Carolina. This is nothing to me," I joke.

"You're a tough bitch, I'm fucking dying!" She kids back. "Are you just here to visit New York?"

I shake my head, "no, this is my new home!"

"Well fuck! I grew up here, you'll love it. Welcome girl!"

I grin back at the friendly, tall, thin girl, "thanks, I'm really excited."

I hesitate before reaching my hand out, "I'm Brielle, it's nice to meet you."

"Eva," she shakes my hand back. "Here, hand me your phone."

I comply and place my phone in her hand. She quickly types her contact info in and then sends herself a text.

She smiles warmly, "there, your first friend in New York."

It's finally my turn as the cab pulls up. I wave and say bye before loading my stuff into the trunk, and get in the car.

"Where to?" The cab driver asks, glancing at me in his rear view mirror.

"SoHo," I answer, telling him the rest of my address.

As we pull up to my building, I silently thank my parents for helping me afford rent so that I can live in a good area of the city.

*later that day

"Aaahhh yes, finally!" I exclaim breathlessly, slumping into my couch.

I take a moment to look around my apartment and I've got to say, I'm impressed.

It's small, but definitely cozy and intimate, just how I like it

It's small, but definitely cozy and intimate, just how I like it. When I'm at home, I like to feel welcomed, warm, and safe.

Safe, that's the most important thing.

I quickly shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts of my negative past.

Of Him.

I grab the local newspaper, and start circling jobs that I need to start applying for tomorrow.

Although I have my bachelors in business, I have no life experience, so I know I'm going to have to take whatever chance happens upon me.

Well, let's do this. Time to start over.