Chapter 2- Lost Girl

*Brielle POV

"Ugh, is it okay if I just don't go to my job interviews because I can't find an outfit to wear?" I joke, FaceTiming with my best friend from home, Claire.

Claire rolls her eyes, "oh shut up. You have the best clothes. Just go with your signature, cool girl style and you'll be set."

"Claire, it's my first 'grown up' job. I can't just show up in Frye booties and ripped jeans. I have to look professional."

"Hey, you're asking the wrong girl, I went into music for a reason."

I laugh at my best friend. On the outside, she's a tough bitch who doesn't take shit from anyone. On the inside, she's got a heart of gold and would give the shirt off her back to anyone in need. With her killer sense of humor, platinum blonde hair, and her long, toned, tanned legs, she grabs the attention of any room she walks into.

"Okay, give me a second," I set the phone down and run to my closet, before throwing an outfit on and turn my phone to the mirror so she can see it. "What about this?"

 "What about this?"

"Perfect. Approved. Now go!" Claire and I say our goodbyes and hang up.

With one more look in the mirror, I give myself a nod of encouragement and take a deep breath.

*A Few Hours Later

"Well, Ms. Williams, it's quite impressive that you graduated with top honors and a 4.0 GPA. You are quite the articulate and bright young woman, however, we are looking for someone with more experience. Have a nice day," the man shakes my hand, and I leave the office.

"Why is it so hard to find a freaking job!!??" I huff to myself. I've been to 5 different interviews today and they all turned me down for lack of experience. Like how the hell am I supposed to get experience if no one will hire me?!

All of a sudden, I notice I am completely lost. Whipping my head around to find my surroundings, I realize I must've taken the completely wrong subway.

"Damn it!" I curse, looking down to my phone to call a cab.

"SERIOUSLY?! My phone never dies!" I complain.

I shiver, from the late evening coolness. 'Oh shit, it's getting dark. And this isn't the best part of town.'

I duck my head, and try to find my way back to the subway station when a loud crowd snaps me out of my daze.

Ahead of me is a group of men, gorgeous, tall, buff men, all wearing perfectly tailored suits. Normally, if I met one of them in a bar, I'd be attracted to them, but seeing them in a group, in the dark, in a lonely part of the city, I'm very intimidated.

'But maybe, they could tell me how to get back,' I think to myself.

As I get closer to them, I ask, "Hey, I'm extremely lost. Anyway you could tell me how to get to the subway?"

Bad mistake. They're terrifying.

"Oh look at that, scared, lost, little girl," one of them speaks up.

I bit my lip nervously and clutch my purse tighter towards my body.

"What's a pretty little thing doing in this part of town?" Another one of them asks.

They start to surround me, until a sleek black Audi A8 pulls up and the back passenger door opens.

Next thing I know, the sexiest voice sounds through the air, while the beautiful man fixes his sleeves.

"Leave the girl alone

"Leave the girl alone." The man orders.

Before he can finish his sentence, the men are already backing away from me.

My breath catches, as the man stalks towards me.

'Well, nice knowing the world. Now I'm gonna die. Goodbye.' I think in my mind.

"What is a beautiful girl like you doing in this part of town, at night?" The alluring voice sounds.

"Umm...I don't know?" My answer sounds like a question.

His chuckle sends more shivers throughout my body. It's dangerous, but sexy as hell.

"I was at a job interview...I just moved to the city...I didn't get it though...they want someone with experience I guess?" I ramble on.

His eyes lighten with humor and he raises his eyebrows, and slightly laughs.

I giggle nervously. "I'm sorry, yikes. Well if you could just point me to the subway station, I'll be out of your hair."

"My driver can take you," his offer sounds more like a demand.

"Oh no, you don't have to do that for me."

"Please, I insist."

I reluctantly nod my head.  He opens the passenger door for me and I slid in.

"Thank you Mr...." I wait for him to introduce himself.

"It's no problem. By the way, it's a good thing you didn't get the job around here, it's very dangerous. Make sure to not come back towards this side of town. I'll be making sure I see you again soon," He closes the door.

As the driver pulls off, I finally breath out for the first time since I had seen the mystery man.