Chapter 12- And I Don't Say Please Very Often

*Lars POV

I watch Brielle run out of the room, embarrassed, wishing she would wait a second so I could comfort her.

'Way to go, Lars. You might have scared off the one girl you care about.' I think to myself.

She wasn't supposed to see this side of me, I wanted to keep it secret for as long as I could, maybe even forever.

Zander pats me on the shoulder, "Hey man, just give her some time and space. Maybe go see her tonight."

I nod my head.

"Zander, make sure this mess gets cleaned up. We can't have the Irish mob getting mad at us for screwing up their gun shipment."

Zander nods and heads out of the office.

*6 P.M.

Finally, it's the end of the day, I can go see Brielle and try to convince her to not be scared of me.

"Brielle, let me in," I say, knocking on her door.

No answer.

"Come on, Brielle. Let me in," I plead again, totally aware that I look like some love struck teenager.

I hear the lock click, and the door opens.

"Brielle," I breath out, relieved as I walk inside.

"Are you okay? I was so worried, but I didn't want to overwhelm you," I continue.

She's looking down, avoiding eye contact. I softly touch her chin and lift it up so she has to look at me.

Her cheeks blush and she tries, but fails, to look away again.

"Talk to me," I urge.

"I'm....I'm just so, so, so embarrassed of my behavior. I'm so sorry for the way I acted," her voice sounds defeated.

"Brielle, don't be embarrassed or sorry. Obviously, you've been through something, and my anger triggered it. I should be the one apologizing."

'Jeez, this girl makes me soften up like I never have before.'

She nodded hesitantly.

"Brielle, I mean it."

I can hear her swallow hard, and she looks up at me through her dark, long eyelashes.

"Okay, I'll try not to be embarrassed. It's just something I was hoping to avoid bringing up for a while. It's a lot, and I'm not sure where you think we're headed...I just didn't want to drive you away."

I laugh loudly, "oh, you can not drive me away, Brielle. I'm addicted to you."

A smile flashes across her face.

"And I like to think we are headed somewhere good. I mean, you're the only girl I'm talking to or hanging out with."

"Same for me," she says back.

I smile at the thought of her being all mine. Just the way I want it.

"So can we please still have our date tonight?" I ask.

Brielle takes a second, hesitating her answer.

"Please Brielle. And I don't say please very often."

Her bright smile appears and she nods.

I smile back, quickly kissing her.

"Good. Now go get ready, I'll wait here."

As she scoots off to get ready, I smack her butt lightly and she squeals and laughs, turning her head back to me.

I wink at her, and motion for her to get ready.

*Author's Note:

I know this chapter is short but I wanted to get it out to you guys! I'm writing the next chapter tonight, so hopefully I can get that out tonight too!