Chapter 11- I'll Have Your Head

*Brielle POV

I've been working at Black Ink for three weeks now, and I have to admit, Lars is a phenomenal boss. He's fair, but tough and expects a lot out of his employees but compliments you when you live up to those expectations.

Lars and I have also had constant batter back and forth, teasing each other, making jokes, asking about each other. We constantly take make out breaks, he constantly takes me out for date nights. He's adorable when it comes to me, I've noticed him soften up around me compared to others. I've never felt so special in my whole entire life.

Tonight, we have a date again, and I can hardly contain myself.

"Thinking about how I'm going to sweep you off your feet tonight?" Lars interrupts my thoughts.

I giggle in response. "More like thinking how bad I'm gonna kick your ass at trivia!"

He rolls his eyes, "babe," he starts to say and I blush at his nickname for me. It sends shivers up my spine. He continues, "it's trivia, we will be on the same team."

"Yeah but I'll get more answers right than you!" I childishly stick my tongue out at him.

He laughs, throwing his head back and walks towards me.

"Did you just stick your tongue out at me?"

I smirk, shrugging my shoulders, "maybe. Maybe not."

A devilish twinkle in his eyes appears, "oh you're going to regret that," he says mysteriously, lunging at me and grabbing me out of my chair. He starts to tickle me and I giggle out of control like a little girl.

When he stops we realize the position we are in, so close to each other, his strong tatted arms holding me in.

All I feel for a moment is our heartbeats, my stomach rises and I get that butterfly feeling. (Author's Note; you know that feeling readers 😉)

We are lost in each other's eyes, recognizing the same secrets, hurt, and inner conflict we both have.

Fiercely, he grabs the back of my head and slams his lips onto mine.

Breathless, lost, consumed. That's how I feel. That's how I feel when I'm with him, especially when his lips are on mine.

We get tangled up in the kiss, quickly he wraps his arms around my legs and picks me up, moving me and placing me on his desk. He starts to grab the hem of my shirt, and I'm fully ready to comply.

RINNNNNGGGG.

His phone pulls us out of our heated moment.

I clear my throat, "you'd better get that."

He places his forehead on mine, "what are you doing to me, Brielle?"

"What are you doing to me, Lars?" I ask back.

He takes a second to breath, "showing you what it feels like to be alive." His fingers walk slowly up my thigh before his phone rings a second time.

I pull away, in fear of the way I feel so completely consumed by him.

He picks up the phone, his voice changing to his business voice, "Moretti."

Lars listens for a minute before his nose crinkles and his fingers pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Are you okay?" I mouth at him. He responds with a nod.

At that moment, Zander rushes in with a worried look on his face. Lars puts his finger to the phone, motioning that he is taking care of something.