Chapter 8- The Date: Part 2

*Brielle POV

"Oh my god, that was delicious. Thank you so much!" I say sincerely, while Lars and I wait for the valet to bring his car up.

"It was my pleasure, Brielle. Thank you for agreeing to come."

"Well, not like you gave me much choice," I joke, softly bumping into him as a gesture of my joke.

Before I can pull away, his arm is around my waist, and he pulls me against his chest so we are face to face.

My breath is caught in my throat, and I'm completely lost in his eyes. His warm, toned, tatted arm sends shivers throughout my body, and I look down to see goosebumps on his arm as well, he must feel it too.

"Mr. Moretti," the valet tears us out of our trance.

After helping me into the car, he hops in and drives off.

"You up for a night cap?" He asks.

I hesitate, and he senses it.

"Not at my place or anything, I wouldn't treat you like that. I mean coffee or drinks," he assures.

I smile widely at his manners, "I'd like that."

He tries to hide his satisfaction but fails to do so as a small smile comes across his face. "Coffee or drinks?"

I think a second before grinning and looking at him, meeting his gaze. "Dealer's choice."

His face lights up, "good answer." He steps on the gas and we zoom off.

We pull into a dimly lit street, which appears to have a few dingy look bars lined down the alley.

I look around curiously, "no offense, but this doesn't seem like your type of place."

Lars laughs. "Yeah there's a lot you don't know about me...but I hope you'll stick around long enough to learn."

I smile inwardly at his comment before joking, "I hope you'll keep me around long enough."

He takes a breath before looking over at me again, "this place is an amazing lounge. Just trust me?"

I nod my head. Somehow I trust him completely.

Once again taking my hand, he guides me to the entrance of one of the dive bars.

We instantly walk up to the bar and take 2 empty seats. The bartender walks up to us, slapping hands with Lars. "Lars, my man, what's up?! Whose this beautiful lady?"

I laugh, instantly enjoying this guy's positive vibes.

"This is my beautiful date, Brielle. You ever see her in here, you treat her right. Got it?"

"Aye aye Boss." The bartender answers, serving us both some beers, a bottle of whiskey, and two shot glasses.

I look at the whiskey shyly, knowing I'm not the best at handling hard liquor.

"Want to play a game?" Lars offers.

The competitive side of me takes over, "of course I do." I say confidently.

Lars cheekily grins. "Alright, I ask a question. You can answer it or take a shot. Then vice versa."

I nod my head and pour us both a shot.

"Ladies first." He demands.

"Hm okay...why'd you offer me a job interview. I mean, you didn't even know me," I ask. It's something I've always wondered.

Lars shakes his head, and for a moment I think he's gonna skip the question, but he answers, "truly, I just had a feeling about you. I like to think I can read people well. I know you're good. Plus I mean, look at you. You're stunning."

I laugh and blush at his answer. He then takes a moment before asking his question.

"You didn't even know me, so why get in the car I offered to drive you home?"

"Just like you said, I had a feeling about you. All those men made me feel super uncomfortable but as soon as you showed up. I took a breath."

He tips the top of his beer at me, letting me know it's my turn.

"Guilty pleasure TV show?" I ask, lightening the mood.

"1000% any of the housewives shows on Bravo. Those bitches are fucking crazy."

I laugh out loud at his answer, "I agree. I'm terrified of those women."

"Dream job?" He asks.

"Truly, I don't know. I went to business school, got my degree. I always wanted to open a business but had no clue what I wanted to open."

"Well, Brielle, you're not going to just be my assistant, you're going to be a lot more than that."

I instantly know my next question. "So what exactly is Black Ink Enterprises involved in?"

"Well. A lot of stuff. It's a corporation that owns a ton of small businesses."

"That's your answer?" I ask.

"Trust me Brielle, you don't want to get involved further than that," Lars says sternly.

Although I want to, I decide not to press further.

"Okay. Okay. I won't. But you owe me a shot for that answer."

Lars laughs and throws his shot back.

"So you want to play it that way? Okay then. What are you running from? What's the real reason for coming to New York City?"

I gulp, not wanting to answer. "I believe that's 3 questions, Mr. Moretti."

He looks at me straight in the eye, "Well, if you don't want to answer...that's 3 shots."

Knowing he's trying to get me going, I calmly make eye contact with him as I sink my first shot and set the glass down in front of him. He fills it up, and I slam down the next shot. I repeat my action once more, and instantly know I need to get out of there before the alcohol hits me.

Before I can say anything, his phone rings.

"Moretti," he answers. "Uh huh. Uh huh. HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?!"

I jump at his change of tone. He looks at me and then says into the phone, "I'll be right there. Gather the men."

"I'm so so sorry, Brielle. I have to take you home now, something serious has come up."

I nod my head, almost relieved to get away from him after his reaction on the phone.

He's silent on the ride home. When we arrive at my apartment, he walks me to my door and we have a moment of awkward silence.

"Okay, well thank you for the amazing night," I start, turning to let myself into my apartment.

Quickly, Lars grabs me and pulls me into the most passionate kiss of my life. It's needy, and demanding. And...absolutely.amazingly.breathtaking.

He pulls away then pauses, resting his forehead on mine.

"I promise I'll make this up to you," and as soon as those words are out of his mouth, he's gone. Leaving me in a whirlwind of emotion and confusion.