Chapter 6- The Tattoo

*Brielle POV

"Shit! None of this works!" I huff, throwing down the current disaster of an outfit I had in my hands.

I quickly think of a plan, and pull out my phone, texting the first NYC friend I made, Eva.

30 minutes later, and I hear a knock on my door.

"Hey girl!" Eva walks in and wraps me in a hug, looking gorgeous as ever, "I'm so glad you texted me! Clothes are my absolute specialty. What's the occasion?"

Eva walks in and we open a bottle of wine before heading to my closet.

"Well, I'm going on a date!" I can't hide my nervous jitters.

Eva's mouth drops before she claps her hands in excitement. "Oh my god! Okay let's get started!"

As Eva is doing my makeup and hair, I start to ask her about her life.

"So you told me you grew up in New York?"

"Born and raised, Brooklyn," she pauses, slightly smiling, "my mom and my brothers. One older, one younger. My dad ditched us when I was 13."

"I'm sorry, Eva. I can't even imagine what that feels like."

She shakes her head, "don't even start in with all of that girl! It's no one's fault, but his. No one needs to be sorry."

"What about your mom and brothers?"

"Well my mom was a second grade teacher. My brothers.." she slightly pauses, almost as contemplating what to say next, "are in the security business."

Brushing off the strange answer, I just nod my head.

"There, all done." She turns me towards the mirror.

My makeup is done completely natural, making my eyes pop and my hair is done in loose curls.

But Eva really hit it with my outfit. Holy lord, she has talent.

"Girl you look seriously hot!" Eva exclaims

I smile sheepishly, "you sure it's okay?"

"Oh my god yes. He's gonna die! By the way, who are you going on the date with?"

"Lars Moretti," I answer, right as the doorbell rings, and I swear I see her gulp deeply.

"Oh my god, I need to go fix my hair! Can you answer it?" I ask before running to the bathroom.

*Eva POV

'What the fuck? Does she know who he is?!' I think to myself.

There's no way she can know him, she's an innocent soul...I know it in my gut, and my gut is never wrong.

I take a breath, before pulling the door open.

"Hi, I'm Eva. I'm Brielle's friend."

He looks at me suspiciously, which in a way makes me slightly more comfortable, knowing he cares enough about her to worry about whose in her apartment.

"I know you. You're the two Johnson boys' sister." His commanding voice booms.

I can't deny his authority, I slightly bow my head.
"Yes sir, I'm Eva," I roll up my sleeve, and show him my tattoo as a sign of loyalty.

He nods his head, "my intention is nothing but pure. And I expect the loyalty and braveness of a soldier of mine. Protect her at all cost, and I'll make sure your brothers can get a raise."

"I will sir. As long as you promise me, you'll do the same."

He looks at me dead in the eye, guaranteeing his promise. "I promise."