Chapter 17- Curiosity Killed the Cat

Authors Note:

*steps out from behind door really slowly* hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. *said slowly and shyly*

I'm so so so sorry you guys. I just started my new business and this took the back burner. But, I am going to try to start keeping up with writing, as well! Enjoy the newest chapter!

*Brielle POV

It's been three weeks since the night the guy was killed outside of that club, Caliente.

Three weeks, and I haven't been able to shake the feeling that something is off. The feeling that maybe, just maybe, Lars is somehow involved or knew about it.

'But why would he be?' I think, lost in my thoughts.

A knock at my office door makes me jump, shaking off my thoughts.

Lars' brilliant smile is shining as he says, "hey babe. Did I scare ya?"

"Pffffff, you? Scare me? No way," I tease as he makes his way over to me, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Ahh," he smiles and rolls his eyes, playfully.

"Well besides coming to see my beautiful girl, I need to show you this new software on your computer. Here let me show you," Lars says as he comes behind my desk so we are both facing the computer screen.

Five minutes into showing me the software, Lars looks up then clenches his fist tight.

"What's wrong?" I ask, looking at his frozen face.

"Um, nothing," he sounds pissed, "you good here? I need to take care of...something."

I gulp and nod my head, baffled at his change of behavior.

As he leaves the office, I glance up, watching him walk stiffly towards the hall, pointing harshly towards his office, and says something that I can't quite make out.

'Is that?....' 'Is that Eva's brothers?' I think, confused as to why they would be here.

I see them all enter his office and hear the door slam shut.

I can't help but to be nosy. I tip toe down the hall and press my ear to the door.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN MY FUCKING BUILDING? YOU KNOW YOU ARE NEVER SUPPOSED TO ENTER THIS PLACE." Lars shouts.

"I'm sorry, Boss. But we took care of the guys from the cartel..we wanted to tell you in person." one of Eva's brothers' starts to say before he is quickly cut off."

"Don't. Say. That. Fucking. Word. In. Here." Lars sharply snarled.

The blood in my veins turns to ice, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and my eyes go wide.

Oh. My. God.

'The cartel? The fucking cartel? What the fuck are these guys talking about?' The thoughts in my mind race.

I run as fast as I can back to my office and sit down.

"What the fuck is even happening?" I whisper to myself looking down at my hands.

"Brielle!" Lars' voice booms through the hall, snapping my head straight up.

"Yes?" I squeak out.

"I have some things I need to take care of. Please clear my schedule for the afternoon. I'll see you later." He says, before turning and following Eva's brothers into the elevators.

"Things to take care of, my ass. Where the fuck are you actually going?" I say to myself, as I collect my things and put on my coat.

Determined to find out what is happening, I decided to follow Lars. I couldn't help it, I was too curious.

And you know what they say:

Curiosity killed the cat.