Chapter 10- Her First Day

*Authors Note:

I will be introducing a new character this chapter so below is more info! ENJOY!

Zander- Charles Michael Davis

*Lars POV

It's 5 A.M. Monday morning and I've been up for an hour, getting my morning workout in. 

"Dude, today's the day," my best friend/left hand man, Zander says after we finish our last hill sprint on the treadmill.

I'm fully aware of what he's referring to but I cockily smile at him. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

He shakes his head smiling, "it's her first day. You nervous?"

I snort and roll my eyes, "am I ever nervous?"

"I mean, not unless it involves her. I recall a certain panicked phone call about having to leave your date." Zander teases.

"Dude, shut up," I shove him out to the side.

In return, Zander just laughs, "I'll take that as a yes."

I wipe my sweaty forehead off with a towel and take a big gulp of water, reflecting in my thoughts for a moment.

"I don't know man, she's....she's just different," I finally say.

"Now you know how I felt when I met Nikki," he pauses, then adds, "alright dude, see you at the office."

I nod my head at him, acknowledging his goodbye, and packing my gym bag to head back home.

After getting ready and eating breakfast, I head to the car at 8:00 A.M. where James is waiting for me.

"Morning Mr. Moretti," he greets, opening the door for me.

"Morning James," I say, patting his shoulder before getting in the car.

James has been a loyal employee of mine for years. His father worked for my father and his grandfather worked for my grandfather. They've always been a trusted member and confidant.

"James, stop for a coffee, please," I order from the back seat. I remembered the one day I spilled her coffee on her, and I smile. She was so goofy, singing Backstreet Boys out loud, dancing along the street, not a care in the world.

There's only one way someone becomes that confident: they've suffered through hell and made it out the other side.

And I fully intend to find out what her hell was.

*****

When I walk into the office, my employees are already running around crazy, busy with work.

My cover for my dirty work is a bunch of small and legit businesses, in one big corporation.

Black Ink Enterprises consists of some casinos in Atlantic City and Las Vegas, multiple construction companies, restaurants, and bars, all fronts for what I really do....run the fucking mafia.

I reach my office and sit down at my chair, facing out the big windows, overlooking the city.

My thoughts are interrupted by someone clearing their throat. It's her, it's Brielle. I can tell by the change of the electricity in the room.

Slowly I turn around and it takes everything I have in me, not to take her here and now. Make her mine. Do filthy things to her.

Her giant smile spreads across her face, and I swear, my heart skips a beat.

"Hi, ummm..." she pauses, confused on what to address me as while in the office.

I laugh, "just call me Lars, seriously."

"Okay, hi Lars," she sighs out.

I get up and lead her towards the chair in front of my desk, guiding her into it.

She blushes at my gesture.

"So, basically, you're my go to person. Whether it be, attending a meeting with me, emailing someone, checking in with managers, pretty much anything. Are you ready?"

Nodding her head, she smiles again.

"Alright," I smile back. I can't help it, her wide grin is contagious. "We are working on your office, so for the next week or so, you'll be working in here with me...is that okay?"

"More than okay," she says, winking at me.

I laugh at her innocent flirty gesture.

"Alright, your first day. Let's get to work."

'I've got to know her,' I think before showing her the first job she needs to work on.