Chapter 14- Sketchy Situation 1

Brielle POV

*Two Weeks Later

"Hi babe," Lars greets me in my office. I smile as he kisses the top of my head and turn in my chair to face him.

Grabbing his hands, I look up at him through my eyelashes, "are you sure you should be so public about us while at work?"

He scoffs, "who the fuck cares? I'm the fucking boss."

I laugh, "okay then." I pop up out of my chair and swing my arms around his neck, reaching up to kiss him briefly.

"Mmmm..." he grabbed me and kissed me again. "Mmm..." he moaned again before I pulled away.

"Stop that," I blush.

He sighs, "are you still joining Eva tonight for drinks?"

I nod, "yes, our Friday girls night. Movies, drinks, and desserts at her place."

"I'll be working here late with Zander and some associates. Please come in and say goodbye before you head out."

I nod again, "okay I will."

He shoots me his infamous sly grin and winks before leaving my office.

*4:45 pm

'Almost done,' I think to myself as I head towards the locked filing room.

I neatly place the papers I've been working on in the correct spot and turn around but stop when something catches my eye.

In the dimly lit, back corner of the room, one of cabinets is still open.

I roll my eyes and head over to fix it. "Don't people realize these are highly confidential," I mumble to myself.

Kneeling down to close it, I freeze. 'What are these?' I reach down, grabbing the stack of strange envelopes.

The top file is full of black and white pictures of scary looking men. The pictures are taken as if the people in them were being spied on, like they had no clue the picture was being taken.  The last few pictures are all of the guys in a circle, exchanging things, and a few of the guys looking over their shoulders.

Sketchy. This is very sketchy.

But I can't stop myself from looking further.

The next file is a list of names, addresses, information, family members, interests.

Once I get to the last file, the hairs on my arms stand up straight. An inventory list and a schedule.

But the inventory list is full of illegal stuff. Drugs, guns, illegal/black market goods, anything else bad you could imagine.

The schedule was like a code, but it was some sort of time table with coordinates and times.

"Why does Lars' company have these?" I whisper to myself.

Quickly I drop them back in the cabinet and close it, staring at it in disbelief.

Backing away slowly, I look at my watch.

5 p.m.

Thank god, it's time for some drinks.