Chapter 9- Nah, I'm Cool

*Authors Note:

Hi readers! I hope you're liking the story, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda really excited about this one! Let me know what you think! I'll be writing this chapter in Brielle's POV but I promise chapter 10 will be from Lars' POV so you can see whats going on in his head!
Xoxo.

*Brielle POV

"Oh my god," I say breathlessly once I'm in my apartment.

That.Kiss.Was.Amazing.

But what was up with his demeanor change when he got that phone call.

I brush it off and pick up my phone to text Eva.

Me: 'Just got home.'
Eva: 'How was it?!'
Me: 'Oh my god, amazing. But he got a phone call and had to go. It was kinda weird.'
Eva: 'His job is pretty crazy, maybe something just went wrong,
Me: 'It wasn't that...it was the way his attitude changed. But then he kissed me and promised to make it up to me.'
Eva: 'Well Mr. Moretti is a man of his word.'

'Wait, does Eva know Lars?' I think to myself.

Eva: 'So I've read in magazine and newspaper articles.'
Me: 'Well I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight, thanks for the outfit! Let's get drinks after work this week!'
Eva: 'Um DOWN! Night girl!'

I change into my PJs and curl up in my bed, buried under my warm comforter. Slowly, I drift off to the thought of how perfect the city looked from the top of the Empire State Building, while standing next to the most gorgeous man.

I wake up to rainy, miserable day. Perfect for what I have planned. Eat, watch movies, and feel bad about Lars' ditching the rest of our date.

'Was it not fun for him? Was he happy that he got a call?'

I try to brush away my anxious thoughts.

'It was just work,' I remind myself.

*A Couple Hours Later

KNOCK, KNOCK.

A hard knock on my door jerks me out of my Netflix and Ben and Jerry's binge.

Confused, I get up, blanket covering my horrendous sweats and baggy t shirt outfit.

"SHIT!" I yell as I look through the peep hole.

That infamous chuckle sounds out before I hear, "A pretty lady shouldn't be cursing like that."

Frantically I check the mirror beside my door, trying to tame my hair and pinch my cheeks to give me some color.

Opening my door, there he is, standing in all his perfect glory. Lars.

"May I come in?" His sultry voice asks.

I step out of the way and open the door a little more. He takes a look around and laughs.

"Something weighing you down?"

I shake my head and slightly smile "just a loner day."

"May I join?"

Teasingly, I say, "well it wouldn't be much of a loner day."

Lars laughs then jokes, "I promise I won't say a word to you."

"Is 'Arrow' okay?" I ask sheepishly, insecure of my T.V. Show choice.

"Never seen it, but as long as you're happy," he answers.

We sit in comfortable silence, watching the episode. After a couple minutes, Lars asks, "so he was on an island, and now he's back...hell bent on revenge?"

I laugh at his attempts to understand the show. "I guess you kinda have to watch it from the beginning."

"Do you mind?" He asks, reaching towards the remote.

I shake my head, letting him know it's okay to start the show from the beginning.

A big smile appears on his face, "Okay great, but from now on, this is our show. You can't watch it without me."

I grin massively at his statement, "Okay deal."  (Authors Note: I'm sorry but, oh my god, how adorable was that?)

Lars scoots a little closer to me, before wrapping his toned, tattooed arm around me and pulling me into his chest, making sure my blanket stays around me.

After spending most of the day curled up watching the show, Lars gets a phone call that he has to attend to some business.

When I walk him to the door, I hesitate to say goodbye.

He grabs my hands and looks me in the eyes, "Brielle, I am so sorry I had to leave our date the other night. And I'm so sorry I have to leave now."

"Nah it's...it's cool...I'm cool...you know, it's cool," I say awkwardly, shrugging my shoulders .

'Wow good fucking job geeking out,' I think to myself.

Lars once again laughs out loud, before grabbing my chin softly with his hand and bringing his lips to mine.

One gentle and sweet kiss later, he brings his eyes to meet mine. "You're adorable, Brielle. I'll see you tomorrow for your first day. 9 A.M. sharp."

I smile and nod before locking the door behind him when he leaves.