6 || strand of pity

2nd march, 2018

2nd march, 2018

"
heartbreak.
one of the most painful things
yes, more painful than death
like a stab in the heart
even if time passes, it still hurts
i hurt every day and night
just like when it first happened
how can it be so cruel?
of course i'm not fine
you think it would ever heal?
of course i'll never ever be fine again
everlasting pain.
"

"she's whAT?!!" haseul asked, slamming a fist on the table.

"shut up haseul, you're waking the other patients," jinsoul said.

"mhmm that's right ma'am," the doctor said.

"you're kidding, right? ya think choi yerim could raise a kid?" jungeun said.

"she's thirteen weeks pregnant, did ms. choi not tell you?"  the doctor questioned. everyone shook their head. "anyway, she lost the kid. she'll wake up soon, you can go talk to her. try not to make too much noise," the doctor said, shooting a dirty look towards haseul.

they proceeded to yerim's ward. she was sleeping on her side but she was awake. "choi yerim." yerim looked at haseul. "what happened, unnie? why am i here?" yerim asked.

"you don't remember?" vivi asked. yerim shook her head. "bleeding... the pillow... no?" vivi continued. yerim still shook her head. "is there something you want to tell us?" haseul asked. yerim looked lost. "what do you mean?"

"how... did you know?"

"emphasis on the 'were' in the were you pregnant," sooyoung said, folding her arms.

"...i lost the baby?" yerim asked, teary. haseul felt sorry for her. in the midst of her anger was one strand of pity and oh boy, that one strand was going wild right now.

"don't cry, yerim..." haseul mumbled. yerim sniffed. vivi sat down and gave yerim a hug.

the girl— the one who caused all this— saw that. she was watching yerim's every movement. yerim's hand was on her belly. that one movement made the girl regret. turns out everyone has that one strand of pity.

yerim was straight up sobbing now. haseul was as soft as tofu, so of course she cried too. result? everyone started crying.

the nurse popped in. "uh.. girls? could you keep it down?" jiwoo gave the nurse the stink-eye. the nurse laughed awkwardly and went away.

"who's baby was it, yerim?" haseul asked after calming down. yerim sniffled. "i-it was baek hojin." hyunjin wiped her eyes. "the one who left letters at your locker when you were studying?" yerim nodded. "he doesn't know."

"what exactly happened?" jungeun asked, teary. "we were drunk," yerim replied.

sooyoung wiped her tears away. "why did you have a miscarriage, yerim?" yerim looked up and shrugged sadly. "d-do you think it's that mysterious voice?" yeojin asked, sobbing.

"ooh. i heard my name. hello unnies! it's 2pm now!"

"did you do it?" hyejoo asked, sniffling.

"maybe."

yerim coughed. "you- you-"

"actually, you were supposed to be dead but since you have a baby i decided to kill it instead. that's why you were sleeping on the floor, i killed you there yesterday."

haseul grasped and punched the air. "you motherfucking asshole!"

"language, unnie. let's spin the bottle!"

a bottle appeared on the floor.

it started spinning.

haseul tried to kick it away but the bottle just went back.

"you won't be able to stop it, darling."

[ + + ]

who is the chosen member? you have one vote and the one with the most votes will be the chosen member. comment inline on the member's name. don't try to make them have the same votes, there will be consequences.
ends at 12pm kst on 3rd march.

JEON HEEJIN>

KIM HYUNJIN>

JO HASEUL>

JO YEOJIN>

WONG VIVI>

KIM JUNGEUN>

JUNG JINSOUL>

CHOI YERIM>

HA SOOYOUNG>

KIM JIWOO>

PARK CHAEWON>

SON HYEJOO>

[ + + ]

now, time to solve a question!

if you answer correctly, the chosen member will get the better and less harmful option.

here's your question!

"
what is missing in the following word?

cory
"

answer here >

deadline for question: until the next chapter is released. you can answer however many times you want.