11 || chicken goes cluck cluck

11th march, 2018

11th march, 2018

"
i remember
those cold days
if it wasn't you
i'd have given up
.
.
.
and then you gave up
"

two days after the escape room, haseul's parents sent some meat for barbecue over, so they had a barbecue that day.

"gosh, should i go vegetarian? i watched this animal documentary that day and i don't ever want to eat chicken again," vivi said.

jinsoul laughed and held up a piece of chicken she just cooked. "chicken goes cluck cluck," she said, stuffing it into her mouth and chewing deliciously. vivi shuddered.

"anyone fancies a wrap? it's huge, 4 pieces of chicken," haseul said, holding up a mass of lettuce. "ME!" vivi shouted, eating the wrap straight from haseul's hand. "talk about going vegetarian," jungeun said. "this is why the vegan section of the comments are triggered." hyunjin laughed. "there's a difference, stupid. vegetarian is just non meat but vegan is non animal product. get it straight, my dear idiot," heejin said, patting hyunjin's head. hyunjin rolled her eyes.

yerim took a fork to grab some chicken. "i'll be at the backyard looking at the stars!" chaewon laughed. "pfff, what stars? it's all light pollution. go and come back later to do the clean up!"

[ + + ]

"unnie!" yeojin shouted, running to yerim. yerim had been lying down on the grass in the backyard. yeojin ran over and laid down beside her.

they gazed at the night sky, smiles on their faces and all their worries fading away for that one moment.

"i have a question," yeojin said.

"go ahead," yerim replied.

"why didn't you tell us you were pregnant? you lied that you had a bad stomach when you vomited."

"me?" yerim looked over.

"yes, is there anyone else pregnant here?"

yerim smiled.

"hmm, i don't know. you see, i was going to tell all of you right when i found out. i was so excited, i was so certain that hojin would be so happy, completely forgetting that this baby was a mistake."

yerim sighed.

"i told hojin first, and he was hella angry. he didn't want to take responsibility and i cried a lot that night. what an irresponsible asshole. after that, i wasn't sure if i wanted to tell you guys. people don't want to lie to the people we treasure, we just do it over time. it could be because of the situation, to protect them, to not hurt them or what not. this is a white lie. no one wants to lie to people they love. for me, one lie just led to more lies. we all lie, to tell you the truth."