15 || epinephrine

12th march, 2018

12th march, 2018

"
the saddest-
and most pa-
inful farewell
"

it was late in the night, around 11pm and the girls had just arrived at the emergency room.

the paramedics had wheeled jiwoo and yeojin in, yelling medical terms which most of the girls didn't understand except haseul.

what haseul heard was very worrying.

"saturation 91, rate 58, 80/40!"

yeojin was being wheeled in. from what haseul understood, yeojin's oxygen saturation was 91%— not good, her heart rate was 58bpm— also not good, and her blood pressure was 80/40. also not good. then, jiwoo was being wheeled in behind yeojin.

"this patient's pupils don't contract!"

that was bad. bad bad bad. when jiwoo had been choking just now, she'd lost consciousness and hit the floor hard.

and when pupils don't contract, there's a big problem with the brain.

they both got a bed at the emergency room, yeojin being the first one to be examined.

the doctor did a bunch of odd medical stuff, sending her for tests and all.

"it looks like pulmonary edema, doesn't it?"

while haseul did want to be a doctor, she didn't end up doing it. pulmonary edema was too hard of a phrase for her to understand.

shortly after yeojin came back from the x-ray room, she went into cardiac arrest.

a doctor rushed to intubate yeojin, while another intern was doing compressions.

"epinephrine, now!"

all of the girls were frozen still, not wanting to know what would happen next. they couldn't imagine a life without yeojin.

"i'm checking the rhythm!"

haseul hated this so much. she didn't want to hear anything. it was so noisy. she wanted to kill sooyoung. noisy. loud. noisy. loud. shut up. yeojin, come back. shut up. SHUT UP!

"v-fib, bring the defibrillator!"

"200 joules, shock!"

"i'm checking the rhythm! PEA, i'll continue compressions!"

yerim had started crying. fear filled every single cell of the girls. how could they just lose yeojin like that? none of the girls knew what to do. they were in no position to comfort each other— they couldn't even comfort themselves.