Chapter 3

"I-Im Sorry. Y-You said t-to text you if I-I needed a-anything."

"What happened?"

"T-They T-They-"

"They what? What did they do to you?"

"T-They Hate M-Me."

I felt pathetic crying in the arms of my older step sibling, but I had no way to control it. I didnt like being put on the spot and I didnt like the attention if it was for something bad.

I just wanted to fit in. I just wanted to have a normal life. Was that too much to ask?

"Well, what do you expect Louis? They dont know you, ,nor what you do. To them, you're just some clueless new student looking to fit in somewhere you dont belong."

"B-But I want to belong."

"Well Im sorry, I cant help you with that."

The Three minutes of comfort seemed to vanish with seconds when Harry began to pull away from me, his arms tensing around me and retreating. He unwrapped himself and kneeled back, his eyes scanning my face for any type of sign.

For once, he looked lost and confused. Whether it was sympathy or disgust, I would never know. I just knew by the way he seemed to fix his attire that he wasn't content I had wrinkled his clothes.

I moved back too and began to wipe my tears away, not realizing what I had done.

I couldn't ask the monster for help.

"Stop crying a-and man up. Not everyone in this world is bound to like you. I-I certainly dont."

Although my new classmates were the ones who had stabbed me in the back, it was Harry who had deepened the wound. I suppressed my hiccups and turned away from my step sibling, nodding and obscuring my face.

I forgot he hated me too.

"Dont start crying again."

"I-Im not."

"Good. I dont want to be known as the kid who defends a crying baby. You go out there and show them whos boss. For now, you are a Styles and If theres one thing im sure of, its that im not letting a wimp like you ruin our reputation."

I kept my face hidden from Harry while he began to give me more "useful" tips on how to not get beat up for the rest of the day, feeling disappointment more in him than myself for the first time.

What kind of sibling wouldn't help out if I was getting pummeled to the ground?

We stayed in the closet until the bell rang, Harry continuing his set of rules for the rest of the day.

Dont call me if you begin crying for something stupid again.

Dont call me to help you either, if you know its something you can handle on your own

Dont make eye contact in the hallways.

Dont talk to anyone in the hallways.

Dont mention my name to anyone you meet.

Dont ask stupid questions.

Dont try to be the center star of the class.

Dont draw yourself too much attention.

Dont try to talk to me in the halls.

Dont try to talk to any of my friends, halls or class.

Dont try and sit with me at lunch, you will be denied.