Chapter 22

Harry stepped into the room slowly and cautious, not realizing sooner who it could possibly be. On the corner of the bed, a small figure sat with their knees to their chest, tiny whimpers escaping their lips as silent as they could

The older boy squinted his eyes and wondered if the person in front of him was only a figment of his imagination. The figure looked the same as he had left, only this time, a couple of buttons of his shirt undone.

"L-Louis?"

Harry kept his distance as the younger boy snapped his head up in surprise and flinched away. His eyes were red bloodshot, or at least he thought, the possibility of his eyes just reflecting his own there.

Harry panicked as the smaller boy got up the floor in the blink of an eye and launched himself at him, catching him off guard and because of the state he was in, they were both sent tumbling down.

"Oh God, I-Im sorry! I just thought.."

With one whiff of the air, Louis took the scent of liquor or alcohol or whatever it was, as a sign to move away from his step brother and to take more precaution.

Harry rubbed the back of his head as he tried to sit up straight on the floor, waving a hand in the air towards Louis to tell him it was alright.

"Are you drunk?"

Harry stopped rubbing his head and moved his hand towards his eyes, rubbing them instead in disbelief that his step brother was in front of him. Harry took in his appearance, hair disheveled everywhere, a couple of dry tears printed on his cheeks, lips swollen, and beautiful blue eyes dark filled with sadness.

"W-Why. Why are you here?"

"This is my room."

Harry blinked a couple of times and yeah, this was his brother. Wasted and still gigglish over his previous thoughts, he reached his hand over to Louis hair and ruffled it more, earning a small chuckle from the boy that brought a small smile to his face.

"Dont sass me. Why are you here? Why aren't you with Niall?"

"Why do you ask? Do you want me to leave?"

Harry unintentionally scowled at his step brother and although he wasn't in the right mindset, he could see right through the younger boy.

"Why are you dodging my questions with questions? Answer me."

"Im not."

"Then why are you here?"

"Can I not be?"

"Louis."

"Leave me alone, okay!"

Louis yelled a little too loud and Harry couldn't help but get little goosebumps on his skin. His step brother bit his lip as he noticed his reaction and unexpectedly, began to cry again.

Harry's stare softened and moved quickly to Louis side, pulling him into a strong embrace, disregarding the way his step brother shook his head 'no'.

"What did that bastard do to you? "

The blood in Harry's veins were boiling now, the image of Louis crying out in pain while in bed with the blonde haired boy replaying over and over in his head.

"I am going to kill him."

"N-No. No Harry."

"He's going to pay for hurting you, Louis."

"No! I-Its not what you think."

"Then what? Did he not use the lube I gave him?"

"You gave him lube?!"