Chapter 20

*3rd Person Point of View*

"You're what?"

Niall stared at the younger, brown feathered haired boy in amusement, not quite processing his confession.

"I'm sorry, im just tired of being compared to my 'brother'"

Louis raised his arms and mimicked quota fingers around the last word shamelessly.

"Because hes not actually my 'brother'"

The fingers were raised again and Niall seemed to sit up straight from the floor.

"Of course I don't match his personality, we come from two different paternal or maternal figures, what ever you want to call it."

"This isn't a funny joke, Louis."

"Im not joking, I'm not his brother. I came from Crystal Springs Orphanage, not that far from here. Sound familiar?"

Niall took a moment and doze off staring at the wall, reminiscing those times in his childhood when he would visit Andy's ice cream shop on his way to the park and seeing from a distance a small orphanage always very scary and secluded. He remembered seeing kids always walking out of there but never realizing what it was, in his 6 year old head, a place where kids were made by hand.

"Yes. Yes I've seen that place"

"That's where I'm from."

"So you're not a Styles."

"No."

Niall looked at Louis in deep thought for any sign of games but received none. He took in all the information and drowned the poor boy In questions Louis re considered telling the rest of his friends ever.

It started off with explaining his whole background or what at least, Louis could remember to the day his Step Mother,  Anne, had appeared at the orphanage and was psyched to take him in.

He explained to him his first impression of his step brother, Harry, and confessed although he wasn't very fond of the possessiveness, most of the time, he claimed he was doing it for the sole purpose of protecting him, which he had no idea from where it came from.

Niall heard in awe the way Louis explained Harry's family had been so keen in taking him in, except Harry himself who was more resentful, and did everything possible to place a wall between the two.

Niall laughed as Louis explained the first time he met Harry's grandma, his nana engulfing him in million kisses and hugs, her fake teeth had actually fallen out and hit Louis in the cheek, to which he scrubbed endlessly the following night.

Louis explained also his suspicion at most of the Styles family knowing his name and so willing to convince him to call them aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandma, Harry not having a grandpa.

"His family was so quick to take me in as theirs, I was actually scared they would be changing my last name at that right second."

Louis confessed and Niall had a fit of giggles, yet asked him politely for his last name, to which Louis replied proudly with "Tomlinson."

Niall requested if he could shorten it to Tommo as a cute nickname, and Louis gladly accepted, feeling a little weight being lifted off his shoulders as he did so.

Another hour passed and a couple of other 'Im Okay' texts were sent, and Louis and Niall had finished their conversation about Louis real life, which ended with Niall promising to not tell anyone of Louis actual background, claiming if Harry had tried to hide from where he was actually from, there must have been a purpose behind it.