Chapter 21

The following hours became days, the following days became weeks, the following weeks became months, and the relationship between Harry and Louis remained the same.

It was now close to the beginning of May, end of April, and the seniors from High School were a couple of weeks away from their annual prom and graduation events.

Harry spent his time mostly with Zayn and his crew, out of the house every weekend while Louis did the same but with his own special someone.

As Louis had presumed, his bond with his step brother had vanished, and learned this the hard way.

~~~Flashback~~~~

"Harry, can you please come get me."

Louis stood outside Baybrook Mall in the pouring rain, shielding his eye vision by the small bag dangling from his arm.

He had took the subway on his own after school to buy his boyfriend a small token of appreciation for being with him despite his many troubles. They had been together for now 3 weeks and it seemed rational to buy gifts in his opinion.

"Why? Where are you?"

"Im at the mall near the house."

"Why the fuck are you there? Mom said you had to work on a project at the library."

"I kind of lied. I had to buy something for Niall an-"

"Then call him. Bye."

~~~~~~

"Harry."

"What is it now"

"Niall invited me to the movies tomorrow, can you help me choose out an outfit."

"Why would I do that?"

"I dont...I mean...you always look good. I thought you can give me a few tips an-"

"No. If He likes you enough, he wont give a shit if youre wearing a trashbag. Now leave me alone."

~~~~~~

"Harry, can you t-"

"No. Go bother your boyfriend."

~~~~~~

"Harry, can yo-"

"Go bother your boyfriend."

~~~~~~~~

"Harry, ca-"

"Your boyfriend."

~~~~~~

"Harry-"

"Boyfriend."

"FINE!"

~~~~~

Louis stopped seeking for his step brothers help and to Harry, he convinced himself that it made his life Easier. Now all they spoke about was small conversations which included a couple of

"pass me the salt."

or

"give me the remote."

or

"Have you seen my (object name here)."

which most occured in the presence of Anne. Anne tried not to focus to much on their distance, and convinced herself there wasn't much she could do about it either. Both boys seemed happy, as long as they weren't placed in the same room together.

Louis began to express himself more and flying colors immediately smashed through the windows. Louis came out to Anne and eventually introduced her to Niall, which did not take her by surprise but was glad he had been upfront and honest.