Chapter 28

"N-No."

Louis frowned and moved away from his step brother, a little surprised with his response similar to Harry who now had his jaw dropped and eyebrows furrowed.

"W-What?"

"I like you.....but I said no."

"Why?"

"Isn't it clear.....I might be single.....but you arent."

"That doesn't matte-"

"It matters to me!"

Louis raised his voice and stepped back from the taller figure, fists clenched to his side. Harry was taken back by the sudden change of mood but nonetheless, didn't give up.

"Louis, really, we ca-"

"No Harry, we can't. If it wasn't for being unfaithful, I'd still have my mummy and dad today."

Harry's heart dropped to the soles of his feet and tried to reach out to the younger boy who now was teary eyed. He Still didn't know anything about Louis past life before the orphanage nor what he had been through.

Louis closed his eyes and remembered the only memories he had of his parents, those long days at the beach playing in the sand or those short night trips to the city carnival where his dad would win him and his mummy prizes and go on fun little rides, his favourite one being a butterfly rollercoaster.

He remembered around the last year before he was sent to the orphanage, his dad always being gone and his mummy's crinkles by his eyes slowly disappearing. He remembered those last months his mummy started drinking and was always mean to him because of his dad, and he remembered that last trip to the grocery store that changed everything.

He remembered seeing his dad's face paled when his mommy's cart bumped into another woman's and her child and his daddy appeared with a toy for the little girl who was probably around his age. His mom had begun to hit him after that.

"What we have been doing.....yesterday and today.....its wrong. I still haven't forgiven myself about what happened 3 months ago. Your girlfriend....she doesn't deserve this.....no matter how annoying she is sometimes. So no....I won't go on a date with you."

Harry was shocked, not realizing that things would end up taking this turn, and when Louis began to approach the exit door, he panicked.

"NO! No..No hold on. Stay right here."

Harry raised both his hands in the air before beginning to skim all over his room, some shoes flying everywhere along with a pile of clothes set in the middle of the room.

Louis was confused now, eyebrows furrowing with the sight of Harry scattering his mess everywhere before finally reaching the dresser and finding what he was looking for.

"aha!"

"what are you doing?"

Louis crossed his arms over his chest as Harry began to approach him with a huge grin.

"You'll see."

Harry tapped away and brought his cellphone up to Louis face so he could see, the younger boys eyes widening and trying to take the thing away from Harry.

"No what are you doing?!"

"Hello? Eleanor?"

Harry pressed the speaker button and a high pitched voice rang through the room.

"Harry?"

"Yeah, it's me. Im breaking up with you."

Harry tapped the end button and shut his phone off, leaving a startled Louis standing with his mouth open.