Chapter 24

"W-What?"

"I-It was me. It was my fault."

"Harry, wh-"

"I killed them Louis." Harry whispered quietly as he looked the younger boy in the eyes without a single blink. Louis gulped loudly and began to try and wiggle out of his hold, feeling a tingly sensation inside of him that told him to ...Run.

"Get off of me Harry."

"It's my fault."

"Harry, please."

"And You're next."

Louis shook his head and began to cry out, while Harry did the same.

"Shhhh, you'll wake her up!"

"Get off of me!!"

"I didn't mean it, I didn't mean it."

Harry let go of Louis and slowly moved away, the younger boy taking this opportunity to put as much space in between the two as he could. He could feel the hair all over his body standing up and more as Harry began to tug at his own hair and have an inner battle.

Louis walked backward towards the exit of his bedroom and watched alarm as his older step brother approached the dresser in the left wall of his room chanting over and over 'it was his fault'.

Louis couldn't even feel most of his body now, too distracted by the way Harry looked at himself in the mirror in horror. He didn't expect things to turn this way and within seconds, Louis was whimpering as the older boy took his fist and collided it with his reflection.

"You ruined this!!!"

Red liquid poured out Harry's knuckles but he didn't seem to mind, as he hit it once

twice

three times more, falling to the ground when he was done and beginning to cry. Louis couldn't take seeing him like this, so he ran, ran out the door of his bedroom and downstairs, not seeking help for himself,

but for his step brother.

Louis banged on Anne's door without any mercy, the noises echoing through the empty, vast house.

Anne was answering it seconds after, probably already awake from the previous noises and took the younger boy into his arms, which Louis pulled away from and rejected.

Anne was surprised, and although the gesture was disrespectful, all young Louis could manage was point up the stairs where the sound of Harry in pain came from.

"Help him please H-Hes bleeding. I-I dont know, I don't know. mum please, help."

Anne was taken back and frozen on the spot, never seeing so much horror on someone's face before. She then remembered he wasn't used to this.

Anne nodded and quickly began walking to her sons bedroom, which Louis timidly followed behind.

The single mother entered the room and immediately took her son in her arms, not caring the repeated chants

Its my fault, I killed them

over and over, which Louis was still cautious about, but amazed how it did not affect Anne at all.

"How can you even love me, mum?!"

"shhh, shhh baby. I love you with all my heart."

"I killed them! I killed them!"

"No, baby, its not your fault."

"It was me mum, It was me. It was me."

Louis didn't bother to wipe his tears as he watched Harry clung onto his mothers chest for his life, just like he himself had once done so on his first day of school. He stared in sympathy as the poor woman tried her best not to break down herself, her eyes now glassy threatening to spill droplets of sadness, and clutch onto her son back.