Chapter 10

"I-I have to go Niall"

"What? Why?"

"Niall, just please don't come after me."

I looked away from my step brother and began gathering up all the food around my tray, the voices around me beginning to grow louder and hard to avoid.

"Louis, whats wrong?"

"Why are you going to leave?"

"Was it something we said?"

Rising from my seat, I ignored my "friends" stares and worried looks, just grabbing my plate and backing away.

Niall cuffed his hand around my wrist and I whimpered, not wanting to delay avoiding trouble.

"Niall, let me go."

"Its your brother again, isnt it?"

"N-Niall, just please. Let me go."

I wiggled my hand and struggled to be released, but he only held on tighter.

"Niall, let go!"

"Stay Louis, Dont let your brother play you like his puppet."

Puppet?

"Im not his puppet!"

"Are you sure? because I'm pretty convinced he has little invisible strings attached to your head as we speak."

Those words struck me harder than a bus ever could, but I ignored the sinking feeling in my heart. Why couldn't they see it was in their best interest and in mine to not be friends?

"Niall, im not going to ask you again. Let me go or im going to tell my brother you're keeping me against my will."

"No need."

The grip on my wrist suddenly loosened and the deep, rough voice behind me was the reason why it did so.

"Well hello Styles. Not surprised you're here."

I dropped my head as my brother appeared, bodyguard like with a stern look on his face. He glanced at me merely before landing his focus on Niall, who he intentionally glared at without any fear.

"Well I herd Louis protests and thought I'd check up on him."

"Cut the crap Styles, I know you've been looking at us since you came in."

The tension in the air was suffocating me, Niall now rising from his seat and facing my step brother. A hand rested on my waist and was suddenly pulling me back, my step brother tilting his head so I would stay behind him.

No.

"Please dont fight", I let my request come out as a whisper, which to my surprise, the blonde haired boy chuckled.

"Im not going to fight your brother."

"Agreed. I like my opponents stronger than me with capability of taking a punch. Horan here doesn't exactly meet the criteria."

My eyes widened as Niall's smirk was wiped off his face and I could hear my step brother slightly laugh.

"I beg your pardon, Styles? Is that a challenge?"

I frowned at Liam as he stared at me with a surprised look on his face. The girls hand signaled me to do something but I couldn't.

What could I do?

"You're not much of a challenge, Horan."

"Try Me Styles."

"Can you two please stop? Please Harry."