Chapter 6

Timidly and scared, I followed behind Harry and gasped when we stopped right in front of the place I hadn't been in a month.

The building still looked runned down, with the Windows cracked, the grass so poorly cut and the same stupid lawn gnomes knocked over on the floor. The paint was chipping, the porch had wood steps that would definitely creak, and the doorbell was still probably out of service.

But no matter how horrible this place was, this was my home.

My face turned into a big smile as I began to walk towards the door, not even bothering to go through the cement sidewalk and going straight into the yard.

I was finally home.

"So you're just going to leave like that? No goodbye or nothing?"

I stopped in my tracks as I herd his harsh voice behind me, the door quickly seeming miles away now.

I turned around and faced my step sibling, seeing the anger in his eyes as I took steps back.

"W-What do you want me t-to say?"

"Oh I dunno, a message to my mom. Shes the one who took you out of here, imagine how she'll feel when I go back home and I tell her you decided to return to the orphanage."

My stomach began to swirl when I completely realized, Harry hadn't been the one who had took me from the orphanage,

It was Anne.

She had been so polite to offer me a bed under her roof and take me under her wing, pay for my school, room, food, luxuries, everything. She was a great mother, and I couldnt have asked for no one better.

"Yeah, she's done a lot of shit for you Louis. And you're just going to leave her just like that. without even caring how she'll feel."

"I-I care."

"Doesn't seem like it, you've decided you'll rather be in a place where no one even likes you over her. Ungrateful brat...."

My hands turned into fists by my side as my step sibling began to ramble on his insults. How could he put that much weight on me, it was him who was ruining everything! I wanted a life with my new mom but he had to make it a living hell!

For these past weeks, I had felt like a prisoner under that house. Louis dont do this, louis dont do that, dont touch my stuff, dont call my mom your mom, dont use my things, louis ,louis, louis.

One month and I felt I had been buried alive.

I knew how he felt, his feelings were transparent to me. The disgust was apparent along with his hatred and I couldn't take it any longer. Whatever he needed to get better, wasn't going to work with me around. He needed to get rid of me and I completely understood.

"...I mean, how could you eve-"

"Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up! why cant you see the real reason im doing this!"

Harry's eyes widened and I felt my whole world slowly crumble.I slapped my hand over my mouth as I realized I had yelled louder than I had planned.

The volume of my voice wasn't what worried me though, it was the thought of what I had done.

I had yelled at my older step sibling.

I had yelled at Harry

Yelled.

Harry was going to skin me Alive.

I walked backwards as Harry started to approach me menacingly, my palms beginning to sweat.

"I-Im sorry. I-I didnt mean, I didnt mean to. i didnt mean to yell, please don-"

"Why are you doing this Louis huh? Im curious."

I shrieked as Harry yanked me from my shirt towards him, feeling like goo under his touch and melting each second his hot breath hit my face.

What had I done.

"Tell me Louis, the "real" reason why you're doing this."

My heart beat pulsed rapidly while our eyes were locked, my step sibling literally making me want to shit my pants. I swallowed the lump in my throat and proceeded to speak, although my words came out more like a whisper.

"For you."

I closed my eyes and waited again for a blow to the face, not knowing how Harry would react to my confession.

I could just see the darkness and stars of my eyelids but nothing more, my being to scared to face the monster in front of me.

Suddenly, the pressure in my chest decreased, the hand that was once in my shirt vanished, just leaving the cloth wrinkled behind.

I opened my eyes slowly and gulped when I saw Harry just looking down at me with a straight face, forehead furrowed and his lips pressed into a thin line. He shook his head and took a step back, giving me at least a inch of space to breathe.

"How can this possibly be for me?"

I stood still as I realized, my step sibling was trying to understand what I was saying. For the first time, he was acknowledging that my words could maybe have a possible meaning, rather than pushing them aside like he always did on other occasions.

Not wanting to take this opportunity for granted, I continued. This was probably the most respect I would ever get from Harry.

"I feel it, you know. T-The hate you have for me. I-I dont know what you're going through, I just know your mom says y-youre going through a rough time. I-If I bother you so much, then I would prefer to be out of your life for good s-so you can get better quicker. I-I dont mind returning here to the orphanage, its been my home for most of my life. I-Its okay Harry, you, can leave me here, so you can go back home and get better without my presence. I-I wouldn't mind waiting for another mom if that means you returning back to good, im sure y-you have a big heart in there....somewhere."