2 ~ Invitations and Fights ~

⚠️Trigger Warnings: Blood, Violence, Deceit, very brief mention of self harm⚠️

Virgil was sitting on the step, with Logan. His best (and only) friend he had.

Logan was scribbling a chemical base he could make, with the make shift tubes his father had made.

"I'm running low on Acetyl salicylic acid, but if I use sodium hydroxide instead, it might activate it more!"
Logan stated, half to himself.

"Yep..."
Virgil said, half of the time, he had no clue what Logan was talking about.

"Dee seemed mad at me this morning... more than he normally is."
Virgil talked about his brother.

"Dee? Being more mad than how he normally is?"
Logan scoffed at the idea.

"He side eyed me, and shoved me into the door, I ran out here."

"He doesn't normally come into contact with you... Odd."
Logan said before going back to his writing.

Virgil got a call from his dad.
"hmm?"
Virgil made the noise so his father knew he was there.

"Virgil!"
He seemed excited, more than normal.

"I need you home instantly, and bring Logan, his father wants him too."

Virgil and Logan lived together (they weren't brothers, they're parents are just long term friends)

"Got it... why do you seem so happy?"
Virgil was confused.

Logan mouthed something along the lines of 'happy?' But Virgil was listening to his father more.

"We just have... exciting news."

"Ok... see ya in five."
Virgil hung up.

"What was that about?"
Logan asked, slightly confused about what was happening, since Virgil's word choice in the call was weird. To say the least.

"Our dads want us... they have good news? Either way they said they need us home immediately."

"Got it..."

They both started a rushed pace to they're house, only about a block away from where they were.
It was slightly cold out, since it being August, but it wasn't horrible. It was ok. They walk in a comfortable silence before getting to the rusty door steps of their house, they nodded to each other and open the front door.

"Hello! Sit down sit down! I don't bite."
Virgil's father greeted the two boys along with Logan's dad and Virgil brother next to him.

"Most of the time."
Virgil mumbled before sitting down.

"We have important news for you..."
Logan's dad stated, grabbing something out of his pocket.

" it's inadequate if you think the tension is 'building up' if you need to say something, simply do."
Logan says, waiting for the answer.

"Well... how about you see for yourself."
The scientist says before showing an invitation note.

Virgil grabs the note and reads it in his head, Logan looking at it as well.

'You have been invited to Auradon Prep, as a program, if the program goes well there will be more. Virgil Emmit and Logan Helum are the two invited. We hope to see you there!
~ Prince Patton'

"Is this for real?"
Logan asked, grabbing it from the other boy and reading it again to make sure he didn't miss anything.

"As real as it can get."
Logan's dad was bubbly.

"He gets to go! They get to go and I don't!? I wonder why they chose the pathetic idiotic brother..."
Dee was filled with anger before he punched Virgil right in the jaw, nocking our a tooth and drawing blood.

Virgil fell back holding is jaw in pain and shock, tears starting to streak his cheek.

"Back off Dee!"
Virgil could hear Logan shout, just before he felt Dee pounce on him, punching him, kicking too.
Virgil stuck back, punching Dee in the nose and pushing him off, Dee screamed in agony as his nose was broken.

"Boys stop it! This is no way to behave!"
Logan's dad said before Virgil's dad butted in.

"I mean... Why did he choose Virgil? Start packing! The card coming tomorrow morning and you need sleep."

"What Virgil needs is some bandages!"
Logan stormed upstairs with Virgil heading to the cupboard of loose pills and bandages.

"Here, these two pills should stop swelling and soothe pain, and I'll bandage up... your face."

Virgil smiles slightly.
"Probably looks like a mess doesn't it..."

"Explain what you consider a mess."

"Ugly."

"Oh no, but there blood and bruises so yeah."

"We should get sleep."

Logan was getting close to self harm cuts Virgil had made on himself, so Virgil pulled away and said a short thanks and goodnight.

Besides, tomorrow was a big day.

A/N
the next two chapters will be weird, it's gonna be the same events, just in two different point of views, (Virgil and Roman)