10 ~ Friendship and Locker Vandalism ~

⚠️TRIGGER WARNINGS: homophobia, homophobic slurs, panic attacks, cigarettes, self harm and cutting. ⚠️

- - - -

Logan woke up and looked to the bed beside him...
Empty.
Where was Virgil? Logan looked at the clock, it was 3:15 in the morning, he saw a small note on his nightstand and picked it up, in Virgils sloppy handwriting, it said.

'Hey, if you woke up in the middle of the night, which you normally do, I'm out on a walk, I'll be back soon, don't worry about me.
I'm sorry I've been treating you like shit, but it'll all be fine soon,
~ Virgil'

Logan rolled his eyes.
In reality, Logan missed Virgil more than he could say, Virgil, before Patton, was his only friend, but Virgil has been acting selfish, angry, and really off, not like himself in the slightest.

Just when Logan was going to call it quits on waiting for Virgil, Virgil came storming in, closing the door, and then throwing himself on the bed.

"Are you... Doing well, Virgil?" He said a little confused about the state Virgil was in.

Virgil replies with a heavy sigh, then sat up, and hit himself in the head.

"I... don't think that's necessary."

"Yes! It's totally necessary! I was... on a walk. And I ran into Roman, and then he gave me a slurpy, which, by the way, those are fan - fucking - tastic, and one thing led to another. AND I TOLD HIM I WAS A RAGING HOMOSEXUAL!!!"
Virgil covered his face with his hands and groaned loudly.

Logan paused, trying to take all the information in, "Okay... did he, do anything?"

"No! You wanna know what he did do?"

"Want to, and yes, continue."

Virgil glared at Logan and then continued, "He said, 'Oh... Oh!' OH? I GOT AN OH??? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!?"

Logan looked at the door, "Virgil, I know you're probably freaking out right now, but please, lower your voice, it's about 4 in the morning."

Virgil sighed and then ran his hand through his hair, "Then he stuck up for me... Like he full on was like, 'back off of him before I punch you and get you fired' to this police officer, and I felt... Protected? I don't know." He put his hands in his lap and looked down at them.

Logan thought about the few psychology books he's read, and Roman seemed like someone who was very popular, but he doesn't look like someone who would out someone... to be honest he looked at least bi.

"I don't think he would tell anyone... but he is kind of an asshat and maybe he'll tell everyone and- and..." Virgils breathing was getting shallow and he was spiralling in thoughts.

"Virgil!" Logan tried to get his attention, "Virgil you are spiralling, you do not need to answer my questions, but please nod if you can hear me."

When Logan saw a small, shaky nod, he continued. "Okay, let's practice the breathing technique, in for four, hold for seven, out for eight. Follow with me, Virgil."

Virgil nodded and closed his eyes, his breathing started to get slower and more controlled, Logan couldn't help but smile slightly. No matter how many attacks Virgil has had, Logan was always there to calm him down.

"Now, let's look at this logically, Roman acts and dresses like a part of the lgbtq+ community, and even if he was not, he is clearly an ally because his fathers are both gay, and Patton has told me before he is Pansexual, you have nothing to worry about." Logan spoke softly and Virgil nodded again.

"You're right, we should try to sleep a little before tomorrow, I don't think I can handle much more of tonight." Virgils said quietly, kicking off his shoes and taking off his jacket.

Logan sighed, and went to lay down himself.

Maybe his friendship with Virgil wasn't lost, maybe they could be friends again.

- - - -

Virgil woke up and wished that he could just stay and not go to school, but he had to, because Logan would never let him stay.

Virgil swung his feet over the edge and quickly got changed into a random grey shirt, black hoodie, black ripped skinny jeans, and purple high tops.

He combed his purple and black hair and looked at Logan, who was wearing his normal outfit.

"Ready?"
"What choice do I have..."

Virgil and Logan made it there soon enough, with Virgil puffing on a cigarette, and Logan glaring at him and telling him to drop it.

When the two go there, they saw a group of people all circling... a locker. In the same place that Virgils locker was...

Virgil threw the cigarette on the floor and pushed through the crowd until he saw it...

Patton furiously trying to scrub down a locker...
Virgils locker.

FAG
HOMO
EVIL
VILLAIN
THEIF
ROTTEN
WICKED

Virgil looked at the locker, and then turned swiftly, he saw all the kids pointing and laughing, and he instantly felt smaller. The people were laughing at him, telling him how horrible he was, that he was a mistake. Virgil watched as the people shifted from people to shadows, his mind was playing tricks on him.

He felt hot tears springing from his eyes, but he had to hold it together. He looked through the crowd of kids that were being muddled together by the tears. Then he saw him...

Roman.

A very confused Roman, when he suddenly locked eyes with Virgil.

"You..." Virgil said quietly, then yelled louder, "YOU! YOU DID THIS!"

Virgil pushed through the people and ran to the bathroom. Where he broke down, his body racking in sobs.

- - - -

Roman stood there, completely confused, until he saw the locker...

Virgil locker was wrecked and sprayed on it was horrible words...

Roman saw a table and jumped on it, being his normal flamboyant self shouted,

"HEY! HOW STUPID ARE YOU? THE KINGS ARE GAY, IM BI, PATTON IS PAN? YOU DONT EVEN KNOW IF HE'S GAY?!? HOW ARE ME AND HIM ANY DIFFERENT?" He looked at the sea of teens who went from laughing to shock instantly.

Then, a kid holding a spray paint bottle looked at Roman and yelled, "HES A VK?!? HE IS CLEARLY A THEIF AND A BAD PERSON! THE DIFFERENCE OF HIM AND YOU IS THAT HES A FAG, AND HES NOT CUTE ENOUGH TO GET WITH ANYONE!"
That caused everyone to start laughing.

Roman only shook his head, and sighed, "Right now, you're worse than he could ever be. He's not the villain right now, you are." And with that he left to go find Virgil.

He walked through the hallway, it had been after the bell rang, but he didn't care, he needed to find Virgil, to tell him it was a misunderstanding.

He heard sobbing in the bathroom and ran into it.

There on the floor, he saw Virgil...
Tear streaked face,
Hyperventilating,
With a razor in his hands...

"Virgil! Stop!" Roman ran over to the smaller boy and yanked the razor out of his hands, cutting himself slightly.

Virgil seemed too lost in thought to register any of Romans words, until he looked into Romans eyes.

That's when Roman finally saw the few cuts already forming on Virgils wrist.

"I'm so sorry..."

- - - -

A/N IM SORRY!!!