5 ~ Hot Chocolate and Lies ~

Virgil turns on a small light in his room near the time of 2:00 am. Hoping that Logan wasn't awake, so he didn't see what he was doing, although he could just say he was studying, but Logan would never buy that. Virgil, instead of leaving the light in the open, hid it under his blanket, along with his entire body, and looked at the spell book his father had given him before he left.

Yes, of course Virgil had a conscious, and if it was his fathers choice, he would've sent Dee to complete the task, but it was Virgil who was chosen, so Virgil had to do.

Virgil flipped through the pages, trying to look for the spell that could make his plan work, then it hit him, the puppeteer spell. It was the spell that his father had once tried to use on the king, the king was, of course, too strong for it to do any lasting damage, but Virgil was hoping that his son might be a little more fragile-minded.

Virgil then remembered where that spell was, in the magical museum of enchantment. The ironic thing was, it was right next the the two princes house, so it really would be a piece of cake to get it, but he could do that tomorrow, tonight all he wanted to do was sleep.

A sudden knock on the door catches Virgil a little off guard. The knock wasn't loud enough to wake Logan completely, but Virgil did see him stir a little. So Virgil did what any normal human did, he opened the door, and found Prince Patton, holding three cups of, a brown substance.

He smiled and held it out slightly forward, signalling a want to come in and give him a cup of this drink. Virgil opened the door enough for him to get in.

"What are you doing here and up its 2 in the morning Prince Patton."

Patton smiled warmly, "It's just Patton, iv'e always hated how people call be prince."

"You're the one who's becoming king, right? not the other kid." Virgil said, already forgetting his name.

"Yeah, my brother, Roman, I'm gonna become the king, but I think that Roman deserves it more than I do." He paused before changing the subject, "Have you ever had Hot Chocolate?" Patton asked Virgil.

"Like I said, the Isle is for bad guys, do you think bad people get any kind of chocolate? No, I haven't."
Virgil looked at the Prince and rolled his eyes, maybe he should use the puppeteer spell on him instead. But he decided against it, he thought that Roman would be way more fun.

Patton's lips morphed into a thin line, clearly not sure what to say, he looked upset, and sympathetic, Virgil hated it when people were sympathetic to him.

"Well, I want to show you some! It's really good, it's kinda like lollipops, but instead of tasting fruity, it's chocolate! But they both have a lot of sugar." Patton smiled and handed Virgil a cup.

Virgil took the cup suspiciously, not knowing if it was a trick or something. Then he remembered, this is Auradon, not the Isle, they couldn't do anything evil if they tried.

Virgil then realized this could be his time to get information about museum. He tried to put on his nicest face, probably failing. "So, iv'e been trying to learn more about where we are now, can you tell me anything about the museum? I love how it pays respect to some of the Isle people and their..." Virgil cut himself off, not knowing how to put what he wanted to say, then he continued, "methods."

Patton looked at Virgil, with actual joy, not fake like Virgil had normally gotten, of course he didn't deserve the kindness that Patton was giving him, but he pushed the thoughts aside, focusing on what Patton could tell him.

"Oh! well it seems you know a lot about it, but I like going at night, when no one else is there, it makes everything so much more serene." Patton said, which Virgil just nodded to, then he spoke up again.

"So how do you get in? Surely it's closed late at night, no one wants anything to be stolen." Virgil said, hoping he wasn't giving himself away.

Patton looked at Virgil, and gave him another smiling, does he ever stop smiling?

"Oh well, since I'm a prince, they gave me a key, if it's used, they don't care, or check for that matter, because they know its me!" he pulled out a key from his back pocket, the museum key.

"Oh, that makes sense! I hate to cut out interaction short, but I want to get some shut eye before tomorrow, it's a big day, and Logan wouldn't approve of me staying up so late."

Patton nodded, and turned to go to the door, Virgil stood with him, and gave Patton a huge hug, before he said, "Thanks for inviting us Patton, I like it here more that the Isle." Virgil gave him the warmest smile that he could.

"Aw no problem kiddo! well bye!" Patton waved and closed the door quietly, making sure to not wake Logan up.

Virgil turned on his heel swiftly, and looked at his hand, inside, was the museum key that he lifted from the prince during the hug.

Virgil smirked, "Child's play, really." He said to himself, then he clasped the key back in to his hand and put it in his bedside drawer.

He crawled back in to the sheets of his bed and turned of his light, falling into a deep sleep.

'