9 ~ Break Ins and Slurpies ~

A/N: I'm thinking about... maybe... changing the title? just to something more creative! If you have any ideas, reach out to me with a comment! I actually really like this chapter so that's fun!

*Me when the 6 people who vote and comment on my book immediately comment*
Guys, Were getting the band back together!

Today was the day, the day Virgil was planning on breaking into the enchanted museum and get that stupid spell, then he could do his job, and get out of auradon as soon as possible.

It had been a week since his fight with Logan, and Logan hadn't been talking to him as much anymore. Virgil knew he made a mistake, but once Logan sees the good this is all going to do, he's going to get his best friend back...
Right?

Virgil sighed and looked at the clock, 2:00 AM, everyone should be asleep by now, and Patton said this was the time he went normally, to get some piece and quiet. Virgil prayed that the security guards and anyone awake were drunk or just really tired and didn't care to look at the sketchy boy wearing all black.

Virgil put the key in his jacket hoodie and walked out of the room quietly, holding his shoes in his hands to make sure no one heard his footsteps through the corridor and out the side door of the school, hoping to not set off any alarms.

He put on his shoes and set off to the museum, anxiety welling up inside of him, if anybody caught him, what would he say? He could tell them he was on a walk... or that he was getting food, yeah, that could work.

Virgil's walk was short, and on any other occasion, it could be seen as a nice, calm walk at night near the end of fall. Instead, it was a walk to Virgil's demise if he wasn't careful.

He sighed and took the key out of his pocket, looking around, he went towards the back door that Patton's key worked on and quietly turned the handle, the door opening immediately. Virgil let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and walked into the museum, looking for the specific room that the spell was in. The Villain Room.

Virgil found it and his eyes lit up, inside were the Villains spell books, wands, and trinkets that gave them the power they had. Virgil immediately found the one he needed, as it was in the middle of the room, stuck inside of a glass case, not able to be cracked or broken.

He took a wand from his back pocket and the small leather-bound book his father gave to him.

He flipped to the disintegration spell and started mumbling the incoherent spell, his eyes and spell book both starting to glow a bright purple. When he was finished stating the spell, he pointed his wand to the case and an electric bolt of purple surges through the wand and to the glass box, the glass immediately started floating away in little flecks of glass, then disappearing into thin air.

Virgil looked at the box in wonder and awe, it was about halfway done, and Virgil couldn't help smiling at the magic in the air, it was beautiful and electric and-

Alarms fill the empty sound and snapped Virgil out of his thoughts.

In the background he heard yelling and started hyperventilating, he was screwing everything up, everything was going to go wrong and it was all his fault, his father was going to disown him forever.

Virgil shook his head and tried to grab the paper, which ripped in half as he tried to yank if away. "FUCK!" he yelled, then grabbed the two pieces and stuffed him in his jacket pocket. He looked around the room like a deer in the headlights, trying to find a way to get out of the museum without being caught.

He saw a small opening that led to a back door... that was locked.

Virgil sighed heavily and looked behind him, hearing the yelling getting closer, he took the wand and murmured a simple unlocking spell which worked with the same shock of purple and the lock was opened in an instance.