15 ~ Headaches and Bad Feelings ~

Virgil snapped his neck, he looked behind him, to the left, to the right. No one, no one was there.

He knew that voice... like the back of his hand.

'Dee?' He thought in his head, although he didn't want to hear a response, he just wanted to be hearing things.

"Virgilious... how's it going?"

Virgil covered his mouth to prevent himself from screaming, he got a weird look from Roman so he tried to cover it up as a cough. Roman didn't exactly buy it, but, he didn't push.

He really should've pushed.

'What the fuck Dee, How, Why? HUH?' Virgil felt a throbbing pain in his head, like he was sharing it with someone, but they couldn't control him.

"Calm down little brother, Im only here to check on you, and I can see you're getting distracted."

'Bullshit, im just gaining his trust, trust me, I am still an isle kid.'

"Tsk Tsk Virgil... 2 weeks, you have 2 weeks."

Virgil held his head in his hands, completely forgetting about his almost finished ice cream.

This couldn't be happening, just when he thought that maybe... maybe he could be normal, maybe he could have friends, maybe he could date- never mind, it doesn't matter, it's not like it's going to happen.

'I'll do it, just promise me that after you get on the island, I won't have to do anything else.'

'Of course, that's the plan, is it not?'

Virgil nodded, even though he knew Dee couldn't see it. The blistering pain in his head went away, and all that was left was a subtle headache.

"Hey Virge, you okay?" Roman put a hand on Virgils shoulder and his face immediately got three times pinker.

"Yeah... Yeah I'm okay, I just suddenly got a headache."

Roman smiled slightly, removing his hand from the shorter boy's shoulder, "might just be a brain freeze."

Virgil nodded and looked back at the water, it had a beautiful and mysterious glow, the moon casting off of the perfect small waves, it was cold, yes, but it wasn't terrible.

He looked at Roman, then at Patton and Logan, who were in there own conversation. A small smile grazed his lips.

Then he realised.
He would have to betray them.

- - - -

Patton was at his desk, slaving over a stupidly complicated math problem, when his brother walked in, causing him to lift his head for the questions.

"Hey... Can we talk?" Roman asked.

Patton nodded, he was always there for his brother when he needed it. Roman sad on Patton's bed, and Patton turned his chair so he was facing Roman, "What's the matter?" He asked.

Roman was looking at his twiddling thumbs, trying to think of a way to explain what he was thinking, "How long has it been since the isle kids have gotten here?" He asked quietly.

"About 5 weeks, why?"

The boy on the bed shrugged, "My powers have been acting up recently, and that normally only happens when something bad is going to happen."

Romans power was interesting, it's wasn't just the ability to have electricity flow out of him in his hands, but it was also emotions pulling to him, like a magnetic pull. If he followed it, he could almost always find the bad and the good he was being pulled to. So he normally didn't follow the pull.

When the Isle kids first got to auradon, the negative pull was strong, but as time went on, it seemed to lessen, and he was actually getting a positive pull, specifically to Virgil.

Today, however, it went from an overwhelming positive pull, to an overwhelming negative pull, and he didn't know how he felt about it.

"Well that's not good... maybe it's my fault, I've been a little on edge about the coronation." Patton said to Roman.

"Yeah... maybe," He knew that wasn't the reason, but he didn't exactly know what the reason was either, so he didn't feel like bringing it up, "Just try to loosen up about your coronation, you'll make a great king Pat."

Patton smiled and nodded, even though he didn't feel in the slightest he would make a good king, especially when up against Roman.

Roman walked out of the room into his own, he sat on his bed and reached for his phone, deciding to text Virgil.

Prince: Hey Incredible Sulk, how was your icecream?

He got an answer almost immediately.

Emo Nightmare👾🌩🍭: it was good but now my whole mouth is stained black

Prince: You're welcome.

Emo Nightmare👾🌩🍭: gee, thanks

He debated on what he should write, you really can't just be like 'hey are you feeling bad and about to do something wrong?' That would be stupid.

Roman sat on his bed, tapping his foot on the fabric of his blanket, staring at the phone he had in his hands.

Prince: Super random question, but, uh, are you doing okay? Like, are you feeling well.

Emo Nightmare👾🌩🍭: yeah...?

Prince: Cool, just worried, did that brain freeze go away?

Emo Nightmare👾🌩🍭: oh, yeah, i mean my head still kinda hurts but it's whatever

Prince: Okay :)) im gonna head to bed, gnight!

Emo Nightmare👾🌩🍭: night.

Roman has hoped that talking to Virgil and seeing if anything was wrong would maybe lessen the pull.

It had only gotten stronger.

- - - -

This is me trying to get a schedule again- sorry about the inactivity-