FOUR

josh was sitting at their lunch table with his friends and he was bored. darren and mia were flirting with eachother and being gross. he hated straight people. him being in love with another girl made his stomach hurt at the thought. hayley was talking about her latest hookup and josh couldn't find himself to care. he was lonely. he's never been in a serious relationship before. yeah he's had a few random hookups but none of them meant anything.

josh's phone buzzed while he was having a mental pity party. he pulled it out and rolled his eyes.

tyler: why do you look so sad?

josh looked over to where tyler and his basketball friends were sitting and saw that he was looking at him. tyler gave him a sympathetic look and josh looked away.

josh: why are you worried about it?

tyler looked down at his phone, pretending to listen to whatever jenna was saying to him and he sighed.

tyler: because i don't like seeing you sad.

delete.

tyler: geez nvm then. can i come over to your house today while we work on the project? my siblings literally make me want to swallow hot rocks.

josh: yea whatever.

tyler looked at josh one more time to see he wasn't looking back. he let out a deep breath and turned his attention back on his friends.

"tyler! homecoming is soon! i need you to come with me so i can get my dress. what color should we do? i was thinking navy, how do you feel about that?" jenna rambled on. tyler nodded not really caring about homecoming but he could never say that.

"great! should we go today?" she asked her boyfriend. tyler shook his head. "i have to work on that science project i told you about. we will go this weekend okay?" tyler said as he kissed her lips. he cringed at the taste but smiled anyways.

"okay! i love you ty" she said warmly.

"i love you more jenna" he lied.

after school, tyler went to josh's house like he promised. when he arrived he saw a little red headed girl with pigtails in the living room watching spongebob. she turned her attention towards tyler.

"hi m'abbie!" she smiled. tyler smiled back. she was cute. he wished his sister maddy was this sweet as a baby.

"i'm tyler. where's your brother josh?" he asked the 2 year old. she simply replied "room" and turned her attention back to the tv. he nodded and made his way up the stairs. he walked into an open room and saw josh laying in his bed with a dog.

the dog noticed a new person and began wagging its tail and jumping on tyler. tyler hated dogs.

"jim get down!" josh yelled and he complied and walked out the room. tyler looked at josh's room. it was painted a grey black color and was filled with vinyls and posters.

"nice room. mcr is the best" josh's eyes lit up. "dude i know i love them" tyler laughed and sat on josh's bed. he pulled out the drawings and sat them on the bed. josh grabbed them and looked through it.

"tyler these are amazing. did you draw these?" tyler nodded shyly. "i thought i would draw the animals instead of printing them out." josh grabbed their trifold paper and glued them on to it.

"well they are amazing." tyler smirked and cocked his head. "wow you being nice to me? sounds fake!" josh blushed furiously.

"shut up"