TWENTY THREE

josh sat his bag down by the couch when he walked in the door. he walked into the kitchen and was greeted by jim. he smiled and crouched down to let him like his face.

"I missed you too buddy." he laughed as jim wagged his tail at the mentions voice.

he noticed it was quiet in the house and he looked around confused. "mom?" he called out. josh heard shuffling and saw his mom come down the stairs.

"how was school baby?" she asked him.

"nothing much happened. where is everyone?" he asked. his house was never this quiet and it was confusing him.

"jordan is at soccer practice, ashley is with her friends, I just put abbie down for a nap, and your father is on his way home." she listed while making her way over to the couch.

josh hummed and laid down on the couch, putting his head in his mom's lap. she immediately starting to play with his hair while they both were watching rerunds of friends on the tv.

"i'm so proud of you." she spoke honestly.

biting back a smile, josh replied. "what do you mean?" he asked.

"you have come so far since last year. your grades are amazing and you just seem so happy. it warms my heart." laura said tearing up.

josh turned his head towards his mom and whined. "that means so much. I do it all for you. I love you."

laura kissed the top of his head and continued playing with his hair. "I love you too joshua."

josh relaxed into his mom's touch as his eyes slowly began to close, drifting off to sleep.

he was awoken a few hours later to abbie poking him. he groaned and opened his eyes and remembered he was on the couch.

"finally! you been sleeping for 100 hours!" abbie said exaggerating.

josh playfull rolled his eyes and sat up and stretched. he smelled tacos coming from the kitchen and smiled. he quickly let jim out to use the bathroom and as soon as he came back in, his siblings were yelling.

"MOM TELL JORDAN TO GIVE ME BACK MY HOODIE!" ashley yelled.

"YOU LET ME BORROW IT!" jordan defended.

"YOU JUST CAME BACK FROM SOCCER AND YOU HAVENT SHOWERED! YOURE NOT WEARING IT WHEN YOU SMELL LIKE THAT!"

josh rolled his eyes. so much for peace and quiet.

"both of y'all shut up! dinner is ready, come eat!"

after josh finished eating, he helped his parents clean up the kitchen and then he went into his room. he went on his snapchat and looked at people's stories and opens his snapped. josh looked at the time and noticed it was 6. tyler should be home from practice.

he debated whether or not to facetime him. he really wanted to talk to him but he also didn't want to be annoying.

after a long thought he decided to say 'fuck it' and do it. josh clicked on his name and waited for him to pick up. once he did, he heard shuffling before tyler's face appeared.

"hello?" tyler said walking into his house. he looked sweaty from practice and josh thought he looked hot.

"hi? sorry if you're busy." josh said quietly.

"nah i'm not, what's up?" tyler replied while running up the stairs. he closed his door and laid on his bed, letting out breathes.

"why am I out of breath FUCK."