NINETEEN

josh dropped his bag down by the couch and sat down with a sigh. tyler dropped him off after they finished working at the school and tyler took him by sonic to get a drink and cheesy tots before he came home. josh blushed at the memory and sighed happily.

"bubby you're homeeee!" he heard abbie say. josh smiled as he watched her go down the stairs as fast as she could with her tiny legs. she ran over to the couch and jumped on him.

"hi bee, I see you had a bath" he noticed her little mermaid night gown.

she smiled wide. "mommy gave me one!"

"joshua can you please comb out abigail's hair for me? I have to pick up your brother. your father's still at work." josh nodded and she handed him the comb and detangler. abbie sat down on the floor in front of josh and he began spraying her hair down before combing it out.

"oh yeah!" abbie said. "—guess what joshie!"

"what?" he said back, with the same enthusiasm

"me sleep in big girl underwear now! no more pullups!" josh smiled wide as he bent down and hugged her.

"you're getting too big on me slow down" he said with a laugh. he turned on cartoons for her while he combed her hair out.

"abbie your hair is so red" he examined as he pulled her hair up into a ponytail the best he could.

"mhm. like sissy's" she said.

"yes exactly like hers. yours is more red though"

"you and bubby's is brown" abbie said.

"you're so smart" he replied as he tightened her ponytail. she felt it with her hand and nodded in content and sat on the couch next to josh. he continued watching tv with her but he was bored. it was friday night and he had nothing to do. don't get him wrong, he loved spending time with his little sister, but he wanted to be around people his own age.

bill walked in shortly after and josh jumped off the couch.

"dad please i'm so bored. can I be ungrounded now?" he asked. bill shook his head.

"dad PLEASE. I have to work all weekend and I miss darren"

"you see him at school" bill snorted.

"but we haven't like actually hung out. please?" josh begged.

bill sighed. "i'll talk to your mom about it when she gets back"

josh smiled and walked up to his room. when he opened the door he saw jim laying on his bed and he cooed.

"I miss our after school naps jim" he said as he sat on his bed next to him. he scrolled through his phone until he heard his door open.

"so" laura started. josh looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"—we decided that you are ungrounded. you never do anything wrong and we think you learned your lesson. just try not to get in anymore fights" she said as she ruffled his hair.

josh laughed and nodded. "deal"

when laura walked out he grabbed his phone and texted darren.

josh: i'm off house arrest. come over
darren: beeettttt be there in 20 make pizza rolls plz

josh laughed and hopped off the bed, jim following close behind and went downstairs to the kitchen and saw his family on the couch watching tv.

"where's ash?" josh asked as he put the pizza rolls on the pan and preheated the oven.