TWELVE

this takes place in the same day as the last chap ok ok

after school on thursday josh had another meeting with his therepist. he only had to stay after school on wednesday and friday's because tyler had practice on the other days. he would usually be dreading going to see dr. parker but today he wasn't. he was also grounded and couldn't do anything so he had nothing better to do.

when josh got in his dads car he saw jim in the back seat. he smiled and rubbed his head, letting him lick him.

"how was school?" his dad asked as he was backing out.

"it was good. darren and I both got A's on our math test" he said proudly. bill smiled.

"that's so good! I know you were really struggling with that" josh nodded and began playing with jim. he was his emotional support animal and he took him everywhere besides school and work because he wasn't allowed.

"how much money have you saved up for a car? you know why your mother and I are doing this right?" he asked his son.

josh nodded. "you want us to learn that not everything will be handed to us, I know. also probably about 500. I know that's not a lot I tend to blow my checks" he admitted letting out a laugh.

bill chuckled and smiled. "you're goofy. your mother and I talked last night and we decided that we are going to help you a tiny bit on getting you a car." josh's eyes widened. "are you serious?" he said excitedly.

"only a little bit. you'll still have to pay your car payments and fill your gas tank up" josh let out a squeal. he was so happy.

"thank you so much dad I love you" bill pulled into the parking lot and put it in park.

"I love you too. I'll see you in an hour, try to stay the whole time" he joked and josh playfully rolled his eyes before getting jim out of the car. he checked in and sat down waiting to be called. he decided to text the groupchat and tell them what his dad just said.

josh: guys!!!!!
darren: tf u want
mia: don't be rude to josh
josh: yeah don't be rude to josh
darren: k
hayley: wot
josh: anyways, my parents are gonna help me get a car !!!
darren: bout damn time i'm tired of taking ur ugly ass places
josh: K .
hayley: that's great josh!! can we make out in the backseat ;)
josh: neh .
mia: hayley said 🏳️‍🌈⃠
josh: LMAO
hayley: yall stfu i was his first gf
darren: beard*
hayley: k i hate all of you

"joshua come on back" he heard his therapist say. he laughed at his friends before putting his phone away and grabbing jim's leash. he walked in her office and sat on the couch. dr. parker grabbed his file and opened it.

"so joshu-" "josh" he interrupted.

she smiled. "I know. anyways, how are you today?" she asked.

"todays been a good day. my parents are gonna help me with finding and paying for a car and I don't know todays just been really good" she smiled and wrote that down.

"i'm glad to see you are having a good day joshua" he cringed but didn't bother to correct her.

"i'm sorry for running out last week. it just wasn't a good day" josh said sincerely. dr. parker waved it off. "it's fine. how have things been at school?"

josh took a deep breath. "well I may have gotten into a fight" dr. parkers eyes widened. "why's that?" she asked.

"well it wasn't necessarily a fight. tyler and his friends were being mean to this one kid and I may have accidentally punched tyler"

dr. parker stiffled a laugh. "I shouldn't be laughing. what happened? did you get in trouble?" she asked.

josh nodded his head. "yes I have a months detention with tyler since he didn't confess to who his other friends were and we have to like do community service for the school" she hummed and began writing that down.

"and the whole tyler thing, how is that going?" josh shrugged. "I don't know. one day he's annoying and a jerk and then the next day he's all nice and sweet. it gives me a headache" he confessed.

"did you ever think maybe there's something going on in his life that could be making him act that way?" she asked josh.

he shook his head. "why would he? he's got it all"

"you know better than anyone not to judge so quickly. try getting to know the real him and not the person he pretends to be"

after josh's session he walked out and into the car. when he opened the backseat door to let jim in he saw his baby sister and smiled.

"hi my little abigail" he said kissing her forehead. she giggled. "hi joshie and hi jimmy!" she replied trying to reach down and touch jim but couldn't because of her small arms.

"how was it?" bill asked as josh got in the front seat.

"better" he replied. bill nodded and pulled out of the parking lot.

"we have to go get jordan from soccer practice" bill stated.

josh groaned. "whyyyy he's gonna smell" bill laughed and shook his head. "you two I swear"

once jordan got in the car josh plugged his nose. jordan scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I dont smell that bad"

"uh huh!" abbie interjected which made the whole car erupt in giggles. they decided to get tacobell for dinner since they were already out and they knew ashley and their mom wouldn't mind eating that. josh turned on the radio and a drake song was playing.

"turn this up, this song is so good" josh groaned but turned it up. jordan began singing obnoxiously in josh's ear which resulted in him getting smacked in the face.

"you're such a bully" he joked holding his face in pain.

josh rolled his eyes. "and you're an ass, I almost went deaf I could feel it" jordan was about to argue back but bill cut him off

"okay guys shut up so I can order"

"he was talking to you" josh teased sticking out his tongue.

"no he wasn't"

"yes he was!"

"no!"

"yes!"

"oh my God you guys act like 5 year olds. abbie is more mature than you" bill sighed. the boys laughed and fist bumped in success.

"me also cuter" abbie said and bill groaned which caused the boys to laugh even harder.

"I swear I have no clue who you all came from"