FIVE

"how's the project with brendon going?" josh asked darren as they were sitting with hayley at a food court in the mall. darren took a drink of his pepsi before answering.

"actually really good. i was wrong about him. he invited me to come smoke with him and tyler" he laughed.

"you high? i would pay big bucks for that" josh said jokingly. darren perked up at that. "you should come smoke with us" josh shook his head. "i don't want to hangout with tyler unless i absolutely have to"

"hey i'll come. i haven't got high in a fat minute and tyler joseph is hot as fuck and i'd totally hit that if he wasn't dating jenna" the two boys both rolled their eyes. "oh please you would anyways" hayley laughed and nodded.

"true. now come on, i need a dress for the homecoming dance and josh you're my date"

"i'm gay."

"which is exactly why i want you to go with me"

jenna and tyler were at yet another store in the mall and tyler was bored. he hated dances and he hated living a lie. he wish he could just come out and say he was gay but he knew it would ruin his reputation and his life. he didn't know how his family felt on the whole gay rights movement and he honestly didn't want to find out.

"ty i think this is the one" jenna said as she walked out from the dressing room. he looked up and he smiled. she looked really beautiful. the dress was a navy blue color that had spaghetti straps and went to her mid thigh. he thought she looked cute in a best friend kind of way. he couldn't say that though.

"wow you look adorable" he kissed her lips and she giggled. "c'mon let's go find you a tie to match" she said as she dragged tyler towards the men section.

"hayley i don't know why you want me to be your date. you know i hate dances and i don't swing that way" josh whined as hayley was looking for a pale pink tie to match her dress she just purchased.

"because joshua dun, you were my first boyfriend, and i was your first fake girlfriend, it was meant to be" she said overdramatically and josh rolled his eyes. he didn't know how he put up with her. she continued looking through the selection of ties and josh went to text darren.

josh: dude u left me with her u fucking dumbass
darren: did u want me to piss myself or
josh: yes.
darren: k
josh: 🤠

"you're gay?" josh jumped at the voice and looked up from his phone and looked up and saw tyler. where did he even come from josh thought.

"yes is that a problem?" he snapped and tylers facial expressions softened. "n-no of course not i just overheard hayley and didnt know. im sorry" guilt appreared on josh's face.

"no i'm sorry. i didnt mean to snap at you. why are you here?" he asked the basketball player. he held up his tie. "homecoming shopping with jenna. she's searching for shoes and i had to leave. i hate dances" he sighed and josh nodded in agreement.

"me too, hayley is making me go with her and i'd rather stay at home with my dog" josh said as he gave a dirty look to hayley in which she flipped him off as a response.

"well another thing we have in common" josh blushed furiously and looked down. it was quiet in the store, top hit music playing in the background.

"oh hey tyler what's up?" darren said as he dabbed tyler up. "nothing just homecoming shopping, are you coming to brendons tonight to smoke?" he asked the curly haired boy and he nodded.

"im coming too" hayley said. tyler nodded. "sweet! josh are you coming as well?" tyler asked him.

"no he said he-" darren started but josh cut him off. "yes i am actually" he said and tyler smiled. "great i'll see you tonight" and with that tyler walked away. darren looked at josh. "a sudden change of heart?" he smirked at josh.

"yes. now shut up and get me out of this store"
—-
josh has smoked a couple times with hayley but that was only out of a pipe. brendon was the pothead of the school so this was going to be a completely different experience for josh.

once they got to brendon's house they walked in and was immediately hit with the smell of weed. they walked up stairs to brendons room and saw brendon rolling up a blunt and tyler and brendon's girlfriend sarah smoking out of a pipe.

"hey guys welcome to mi casa" brendon said. darren and josh sat on the floor next to tyler and sarah and hayley sat on the bed next to brendon. josh looked over at tyler and saw that his eyes were already bloodshot. they were as red as they were whenever he saw him at target.

"hey" he smiled at josh passing him the pipe. josh lit it and inhaled it before blowing it back out. it felt good. he hit it a couple more times before passing it to darren. by then brendon had sparked up a blunt and had the rotation going. they engaged in conversation which ended with everyone laughing over nothing.

josh was high. he liked being high. he was no way a pothead but getting high every once and while felt really nice. he was on his second blunt and he felt happy and free for once. he was currently laying his head in tyler's lap, which was a shock to him and everyone else and he knew later he could just blame it on him being high. he blew smoke into tyler's face before laughing. maybe tyler wasn't just the annoying basketball after all. maybe.

"you know what sounds good?" tyler moaned out. "ihop" he said as his lips watered at the thought.
"oh my God can we please go get ihop" josh gasped. everyone nodded and got in their cars. yeah josh was high.

after darren dropped him off he quietly walked in the house and went to his room. his clothes no doubt smelled of dank but he didn't care. he stripped into his pajamas and cuddled up with jim.

today was a good day.