FIFTEEN

"why don't you play any sports josh?" laura asked josh on that monday morning at breakfast. jordan, josh, and ashley looked at eachother before cracking up laughing, each of them choking on a piece of bacon.

"josh? playing SPORTS?" jordan said in between laughing.

"that was a good one mom I can't believe how much of a comedian you are" josh added holding his stomach from laughing too hard.

laura rolled her eyes. "you guys are so mean. I think joshua would look cute as a little track player" she gleamed.

ashley snorted. "you should see josh after he walks up the stairs at school"

"leave joshie wone!" abbie said as she got down from her dads arms and ran over and hugged her brother.

josh laughed and hugged her back. "I see dad dressed you today" he examined her overalls and pink shirt underneath.

"it's was so hard to dress ashley as well. you boys literally never wanted to wear clothes so it was so much easier" bill added taking a bite of bacon.

laura smiled at the memory. "I remember jordan telling me that you ran into his room with a towel on your head asking if he has seen your towel" jordan began cracking up and josh's face flushed red.

bill kissed laura on the forehead before grabbing his laptop. "goodbye guys, have a great day at school, does lasagna sound good for dinner?"

everyone nodded and he smiled. "okay then. I love you all" bill gave a quick kiss to abbie since she made grabby hands at him and walked out the door. the rest of the family finished eating breakfast and got their things to head to school.

abbie started tearing up. "joshie dont weave"

josh's heart hurt as he crouched down and kissed his sisters cheek. "i'll be back later, I promise. maybe if it's nice we can take jim on a walk and I will color with you, how does that sound?" abbie's eyes lit up as she nodded excitedly. josh laughed and grabbed his bag and made his way to the front door.

"why don't you want to hang out with me?" jordan pouted.

abbie scrunched up her nose. "you stink"

josh and ashley bursts into giggles as jordan crossed his arms and chased abbie around the house.

once he got a hold of her he picked her up. "tell josh to stop telling you those things. I smell good. bye abigail I love you" he gave her a big kiss which she wiped off and ran the other way to jim.

once josh got to school, him and darren met up with mia and hayley who was hanging with brendon by the steps.

"i'm gonna tell the principal that you are juuling" josh joked. hayley just rolled her eyes and blew the smoke into his face and handed it to him. he took a hit before blowing it out.

"gross kiwi is the worst flavor. I like mango" josh cringed giving hayley back her juul.

"that's tyler's favorite too" brendon spoke up. hayley gasped. "don't say the T word in front of joshua, it makes him moody"

josh rolled his eyes. "you're so annoying"

"—speaking of tyler, he just walked in, see ya later guys" brendon said as he walked up to tyler and jenna who were holding hands.

"do you have detention after school?" mia asked. josh groaned and nodded. "yes. I just want to take a nap in my bed with jim" he complained.

hayley laughed and rolled her eyes. "shouldn't have punched tyler then"

josh playfully shoved her. the bell rang and they got up. "shut up ley. c'mon our classroom awaits" he said being overdramatic.

after school josh walked to the detention room with a sigh. he didn't want to be there and he didn't want to be around tyler. he thought it was very rude of him to act that way when josh was simply trying to help him.

when he walked in he saw tyler with his head down. he rolled his eyes and took a seat and got out his math homework.

once detention was over the two boys were given their "chore" which was to gather all of the recycling. josh and tyler went into the first room and started collecting it.

josh was picking up paper when his finger was sliced. he gasped as he applied pressue to it.

"dude are you okay?" tyler asked.

josh rolled his eyes and looked for a tissue. "can you literally fucking shut the fuck up" he snapped

"damn I was wondering if you were okay you don't gotta cuss me out like a 10 year old learning the word fuck for the first time" tyler said in defense.

josh ignored him and used the tissue to stop the bleeding. paper cuts are the worst kind of pain.

"is this about saturday? dude i'm sorry I was high" tyler said.

josh let out a laugh, being unconvinced. "why are you lying to me?"

"i-i'm not lying" tyler stuttered.

"oh yeah because you were high in front of your parents? your coaches?" josh said. tylers shoulders slumped. "don't tell anyone please" he begged.

"why would I tell anyone? that's ignorant" josh said throwing the tissue away and got a bandaid from his bag.

tyler just shrugged and went back to get the trash. they continued doing this for a while before josh spoke up.

"have you ever been diagnosed with panic disorder, tyler?" josh asked seriously.

tyler scoffed. "i'm not a fucking psychopath"

josh ignored what he said and responded. "oh"

"besides I didn't have a panic attack or whatever, I was just nervous" tyler shot back defending himself.

"that wasn't just from being nervous-" josh started before tyler cut him off.

"will you just drop it? I'm not fucking crazy, I don't have mental issues, there's nothing wrong with me. why is it any of your concern?" tyler snapped.

"because i'm bipolar and I know what it's like to go through something and feel like you have no one to talk to" josh admitted quietly fumbling with his hands.

tyler felt like shit. "y-youre bipolar?" he asked.

josh nodded. "yep and I shouldn't have told you because i'm just some fucking crazy person right?"

tyler shook his head. "n-no you're not i'm sorry I didn't mean that"

"whatever it doesn't matter" josh said changing the subject as he walked out of the classroom and into another, tyler following closely behind.

they finally finished and josh was packing up his things. tyler grabbed his keys from his bag and looked at josh.

"do you want me to take you home?" he asked quietly.

"no my dad is here" he replied not making eye contact.

tyler went over to josh and grabbed his arm. "i'm sorry. I didnt mean to make you feel inhuman"

"well you did" josh snapped. tyler frowned and looked at the floor.

josh sighed and rubbed his temples. "it's fine. next time watch your words because you have no clue what the other person is going through. and I know better than anyone to not let anger control their heart. have a good night tyler"

he walked out the door and left tyler with a lot to think about.