SEVENTEEN

"tyler! get up!" his mom shouted at him from the entrance of his bedroom door. she turned on his light and he groaned and put his head into his pillow. he didn't get much sleep last night. well, he never really sleeps during the night.

with a sigh, tyler grabbed his phone from his nightstand and checked his messages and social media. after doing that, he opened spotify and clicked on his playlist and turned up the volume on his phone.

tyler walked to his closet and turned on the light. he began rummaging through his clothes until deciding on black nike sweatpants and his nintendo hoodie. he was too tired to dress nice.

while humming to LANY, tyler slipped on black nike socks and his nike sandals and put his charger, headphones, juul, and his unfinished homework into his bag. he quickly made his bed and walked out of his room and towards the bathroom. he saw that it was closed and he sighed and banged on it.

"madison get out you've been in there long enough!" he shouted, while still banging on the door. the door opened seconds later to reveal an annoyed maddy with her hair parted into different sections.

"hurry up, i'm not done" she said while rolling her eyes. tyler walked in and was hit with the smell of a straightener.

"she's literally going to be bald if she doesn't stop straightening her hair everyday" he said to himself. he quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face before walking out and into his bedroom. tyler turned off his red lights and shut his door and made his way to zacks room.

"hurry up or i'm leaving you" tyler said. zack huffed and quickly finished packing his bag and the two walked downstairs and out the door.

the drive to school was silent, soft music playing on the radio and the occasional cracking sound of tyler's juul everytime he would take a hit. he wasn't close with zack. well he wasn't close with any of his siblings really. tyler tried, but it would end up with them arguing so he just stopped trying. he takes zack to school and that is pretty much it.

when the boys got to school they parted their separate ways. tyler saw brendon sitting on the stairs with darren so he jogged up to them.

"hey dude" he said to darren dabbing him up. he sat down next to brendon and darren and they began talking.

"where's josh?" tyler asked darren.

"uhhh I dont know. my guess is he's in the counseling office. he wasn't feeling too good this morning and the counselor is a family friend so he goes in there" darren replied.

tyler frowned. "do you know what was wrong?" darren shrugged his shoulders. "nope. he gets like that sometimes but he will be okay later on. if not I will know and I will talk to him about it"

tyler nodded with hopeful eyes and turned towards brendon. "you guys tryna match later?" they smiled and all nodded.

"great. let's meet at brendons house after I get done with detention and shit" tyler said to them.

jenna walked in the school and smiled at tyler, eyes full of love. tyler smiled back and got up.

"i'll see you guys later"

once school was over tyler made his way to the detention room. he sat his bag down on the desk and pulled the chair out before sitting down. the principal walked in and took a seat at his desk.

it was five minutes since tyler got there and josh wasn't there yet. confusion set on his face and he pulled his phone out and opened up his messages.

tyler: wya
josh: i was just about to text you! im so sorry i cant make it i completely forgot i had a dr appt and my mom makes all of my siblings go at the same time so we are gonna be there for a while. can you cover for me? tell him i died or something idfc.

tyler looked at his phone in disbelief before typing a response.

tyler: are you serious? i have to do this alone?
josh: i'm sorry :((((( i forgot
tyler: it's ok. you owe me.
josh: deal 👍🏻

"mr joseph, where is joshua?" the principal asked. tyler was silent for a moment, coming up with a good excuse.

"he went home sick, he has strep." tyler lied.

the principal nodded his head believing it. tyler sighed and put his head down, thinking he might as well get his nap in before he had to clean windows and take out the trash by himself.

he was woken up an hour later and he sighed while being handed the windex and paper towels. the principal walked out of the classroom and he began spraying the windows.

"we have janitors for a fucking reason" he hissed quietly to himself.

tyler's phone rang and he pulled it out to see a facetime call from jenna. he sighed and answered it and her face appeared.

"hi ty! what are you doing?" she asked him.

"community service for the school" he replied distractedly.

"oh yeah I completely forgot about that. when will you be done?"

"I don't know why?" he said annoyed.

"—because I miss you and we haven't hung out or been intimate in like a week" she said laughing.

"wow such a long time, I guess the world is ending isn't it?" he said sarcastically with a scoff.

jenna frowned. "you're being mean"

tyler sighed. "i'm sorry jen, josh isn't here to help me and i'm annoyed, I didn't mean to take it out on you"

she smiled slightly. "it's okay. can you come over when you're done?" she asked with hopeful eyes.

"i'm actually going to brendons after to smoke with him and darren. you can come if you want. I know you don't smoke but we could go get food after?"

"yes! i'll see you later okay? I love you" she said with a smile.

"love you" he replied before hanging up.