SIXTEEN

tyler: are you still mad?

josh was in the middle of brushing his teeth when he saw that text from tyler. he rolled his eyes and picked up his phone, toothbrush hanging out of his mouth.

josh: depends, are you still being a insensitive bitch?

"damn i'm so funny" he giggled to himself as he locked his phone. he finished brushing his teeth and walked out of the bathroom. while he was getting dressed he got another text.

tyler: can u shut up and stop being a fucking crybaby i said i was sorry

josh: your apologies dont mean shit to me. go knock up your fucking girlfriend and stop texting me.

josh sighed as he finished getting ready for school. he said goodbye to his family and walked outside and got in the car with darren. when he got in he got yet another text from tyler.

tyler: literally fuck off.

josh: didn't i tell you to stop texting me?

"who are you angrily texting?" darren asked in confusion as he pulled out of josh's driveway. josh groaned.

"tyler. he's being fucking annoying" darren laughed and shook his head. "you guys bicker like a married couple"

josh scrunched his nose up in disgust. "in no universe will tyler and I be married"

darren rolled his eyes and continued driving to the school. they pulled up next to hayley and mia in the student parking lot. they got out and walked over to hayleys car.

"we got you coffee" mia said as she opened the car door and handed them their iced coffees. josh smiled and took a drink moaning at the taste. he hasn't had an iced coffee in a month so this tasted absolutely amazing.

josh smelt a faint smell of kiwi and looked over to see hayley juuling. he rolled his eyes. "why do you even have a juul? you're begging for a nicotine addiction."

hayley scoffed and handed it to him. "the same reason why you hit it everytime I give it to you"

josh took a hit before blowing out the smoke and handed it back to her. "yeah you peer pressure me"

hayley pushed him a little bit and laughed. "whatever, c'mon bells about to ring"

during lunch, they were sitting at their usual table, hayley sitting on josh's lap while they ate french fries and casually talking to one another.

"hey josh?" hayley asked him. he hummed in response looking at her.

"do you think we would've still been together if you weren't gay?"

josh let out a laugh and shook his head. "oh God no that would've been awkward."

hayley nodded in agreement. "true but you're hot and I did have a crush on you freshman year. I was heartbroken when you asked me to be your fake girlfriend"

the group erupted in a fit of giggles. "I knew you liked josh!" mia said. hayley shrugged her shoulders. "what? josh is my boo"

darren laughed and shook his head. "hayley you were literally a hag"

hayley's eyes widened. "oh my God I was. I didn't even realize it at the time that I was in love with a guy who wasn't even straight. no joke I secretly hoped that you dating me would make you like girls"

josh snorted. "yes because us watching mean girls everyday really did the trick"

hayley laughed at the memory.

"but yes you will alway be my boo and I couldn't have asked for a better fake boyfriend who I still force to be my dates" josh smiled and kissed his friends forehead.

his phone buzzed and he unlocked it to find another text from tyler.

tyler: i really didnt mean what i said.

josh ignored it and went back to talking to his friends. he looked over at tyler's table and saw that he was staring at him. he gave him an obvious look and mouthed the words "boo?" before he looked away and back at what darren was talking about. his phone buzzed again and he sighed and opened it.

tyler: josh :(

"who keeps texting you?" mia asked.

josh rolled his eyes. "tyler. he keeps apologizing and he's being annoying"

"let me see your phone" darren said. josh gave him it and he scrolled through the messages before giving it back.

"I don't know what you guys are arguing about and it's not my buisness to ask but he seems genuinely sorry. stop being such a hard head and accept it, especially since you have detention with him tomorrow and you guys need to be on good terms" darren scolded to josh.

josh huffed before unlocking his phone. "fine"

josh: apology accepted. stop bugging

tyler: yayyyy & stfu

josh: just dont be an asshole next time. and why do u keep texting me when ur gf is right next to you?

tyler: any reason why you bring jenna up in every conversation? are u jealous or something?

josh: lmaOO that was funny.

tyler: -_-

josh: ewah. okay bye im bored stop texting me you fucking roach

tyler: 🦗🦗🦗

josh: that's literally a cricket you really are dumbass

josh laughed at tyler's text and put his phone away. he looked up and saw tyler giving him a playful dirty look. josh smirked and turned his attention back to his friends and continued eating their lunch.

when josh got home he instantly laid down in his bed since he only had to stay after school on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. he turned on the tv and cuddled with jim. after about an hour of doing that his dad walked in his room.

"hey son we are all gonna go to jordans soccer practice since it's really nice outside. do you want to come? you can bring jim" jims ears perked up at his name and he started wagging his tail.

josh nodded and got out of his bed and put his shoes on and jims leash on. they all huddled in their dads car and headed to his practice, jim sticking his head out of the window.

an hour into the practice, jim was laying on the grass chewing a bone and abbie was sitting on josh's lap sharing cotton candy with him. she saw that jordan scored a goal and she cheered.

"go bubby!" she yelled.

josh frowned. "I thought I was bubby?"

abbie turned around and looked at him. "you my favwoite bubby" he smiled and kissed her cheek and they turned back towards jordans practice.

when his practice was over the family stopped at a mexican fast food place and got food and brought it back home.

as josh climbed into bed that evening he had one thing on his mind.

why did he always bring jenna up?