ELEVEN

for reference this is what ty's hair looks like

tyler ran down the court dribbling the ball. he crossed up his teammate and went for the 3 pointer. it bounced off the rim and landed in the bleachers.

"FUCK" he yelled in frustration. he hasn't been on his A game lately and he was afraid he wasn't going to be team captian anymore and that would make his parents mad.

he sighed and ran his fingers through his sweaty hair. it was getting long, like really long. he should probably cut it soon. he liked his hair long though. he liked his hair being pulled. he liked when jenna pulled his hair. it was the only thing that got him going. this is why he hasn't been focused. there's been so much on his mind that it's been completely overwhelming for him.

"TYLER!" coach Ike said snapping tyler out of his thoughts.

"I'm sorry what were you saying?" he said. coach Ike sighed. "we have a huge tournament soon and you aren't pulling your weight, Joseph." he scolded

"I know I know i'm sorry i've just been really distracted lately" he admitted.

"don't bring your personal problems into practice, you need to focus or else we will lose. now go run laps" tyler groaned but started running laps around the gym.

his face was flushed red and his lungs were on fire after he was done running. he just wanted to go home, shower, and hide in his room.

"good work today guys, i'm adding an extra practice on saturday morning because some of us need it" coach Ike said while looking at Tyler. he looked down in shame. he wanted to go home.

they finished talking and all of the boys headed to the locker room. tyler grabbed his waterbottle and took a long drink before pouring some of it on to his head. he grabbed his bag and quickly changed out of his basketball clothes and into sweatpants.

"thanks for not ratting us out" mark spoke up. tyler turned around and nodded his head. "yeah it's fine"

"it sucks you have to do all of that with that josh kid. he's kinda weird" mark said scrunching up his nose. tyler frowned. josh wasn't weird.

"don't talk about him like that" mark put his hands up in defense.

"my bad I didn't know you guys were friends" he teased. tyler's face flushed red but you couldn't tell because it was already red from practice.

"we aren't. don't talk about him. you don't know him." mark hummed and rolled his eyes before walking away.

tyler grabbed his stuff and walked out of the school and into his car. once he got in he examined the bruise josh left. he wasn't gonna lie, it hurt really bad. he couldn't eat on that side and it was a little swollen. he deserved it though.

once he got home he walked in the door and saw jay running around and he scrunched his nose up in disgust. he couldn't stand his siblings, especially jay. he was an annoying 5 year old. he liked josh's sister, abbie though. he thought she had cute red hair and was sweet.

"you're home! we are eating dinner at the table tonight" kelly said. tyler looked at her confused.

"why? we never do that, plus dad isn't even here" he snorted.

"because I said. now go shower. you smell" tyler rolled his eyes and walked upstairs. when he got in his room he turned on his red lights and sat his bag down. he grabbed underwear, a big tshirt, and basketball shorts before going into the bathroom to take a shower.

while he was in the shower he sat under the showerhead. why couldn't he just be straight? why did he have these strong feelings for someone else that wasn't jenna? he should love jenna. she's beautiful and sweet and tyler hates himself for doing this to her. he hates living a lie but he knows what would happen if he were to come out. his life would be over. he would be the joke of the school. his family would hate him.

tyler squeezed his eyes shut to stop the tears that were forming and he turned the shower off. he got out and wrapped a towel around him before getting dressed. he walked downstairs and saw his family gathering around the table fixing their plates and he couldn't stop himself from rolling his eyes.

once he grabbed his plate he sat down and they began eating in awkward silence. after about 5 minutes tyler put his fork down.

"okay can we stop pretending like a big happy family now?" kelly ignored what he said and spoke up.

"how was practice today?" of course she would ask that. that's all they ever ask.

"I haven't been doing that great so we are having a saturday practice" he admitted knowing where this was going.

kelly gasped. "it's because of those after school detentions isn't it. you haven't been able to practice, i'm going to call the school and see if I can work something out" she said.

tyler's eyes widened. "no no no don't do that mom" he sighed. she cocked her head. "why not?"

because I wanna spend time with josh.

"just because. don't do it. i'll work extra hard" kelly nodded her head and smiled.

"maybe if you wouldn't be sucking faces with jenna and fighting people you wouldn't actually be a disappointment to this family" his sister said. tyler gripped his seat.

"oh fuck off madison you are the biggest bitch I have ever encountered with" he snapped.

"tyler robert joseph do not talk to your sister like that!" kelly said sternly. tyler shook his head.

"no fuck this, do you ever stop and wonder why we never eat as a family? we can't get along! I live with a bunch of assholes who could care less about anything that doesn't involve basketball and i'm sick of it. did you notice the bruise on my jaw and how I wince in pain everytime I chew? of course you didn't because it doesn't involve fucking basketball. so don't you dare try and convince me that we are one big happy family because it is far from the truth. I cant wait til I get far far away from all of you" tyler yelled before getting up and headed towards the stairs. his siblings sat in silence.

"don't you dare walk away from this table" kelly attempted.

"I already did. good fucking night"

once he got to his room he slammed the door and got in his bed, letting the tears he held in, fall.