Chapter Five

It had been days. They had moved me to a cell. It was a glass circular container, I could read the lips of the security guards. They were all confused about why a simple assassin was being held where Loki was. Surely I couldn't be that dangerous, could I?

I'd spend my days just staring off into space as I stayed in my mind. My mind was a much more interesting place after all. 

"She doesn't even do anything. She doesn't even eat. All she does is sleep," a read one of their lips. 

It was true that I wasn't eating, but when in complete boredom, you have to have something to interest you and I wanted to see how long I could go without food and water. I wanted to measure my pain. 

"Shouldn't we be concerned? They say they need her to take down some of the biggest criminals." I roll my eyes as I lay down to take a nap. 

"Get up. We're going to be doing some tests," I hear as I open my eyes to see Natasha Romanoff standing over me. 

"A lie detector test, you mean?" I ask, "They really are getting desperate, aren't they?" She began cuffing me in silence, though I could feel her annoyance. 

She tugged me out of the cell and into the halls of the Avengers Tower. I examined all I could in the time frame I had. The blue carpeting, the white walls, the lights; everything was so different from the cell. I could hear what people were saying. So much more interesting. 

"So, tell me, Natasha, how many of these boys do you have wrapped around your finger?" I asked. "What is it like being a slut?" I ask. She then powerfully shoved me into the wall, I could see cracks form around my body. "What a rush! Woo!" I yell in excitement. "Really needed that, thank you," I say as she tugs me away from the wall. 

I could see people looking at us. I was disgusting in their eyes. They could think what they wanted. I was merely putting on an act. It made things more entertaining to see their different reactions. 

"I do have to warn you that if you do take blood from me, I will faint," I say, "I haven't eaten in days after all." 

She tugs me into an elevator. I then felt something in my mouth. "What do you have in your mouth?" she asked. 

"I think you knocked out one of my teeth," I say. 

"Spit it out," she says as she holds out her hand. I spit my tooth into her hand. My mouth was pooling with blood. The elevator dinged and we were now in the basement. She rushed me out. 

"Woah, Nat! I said to just get her, not beat the crap out of her," a man says. He was slightly tanned and had a goatee. He seemed to be very smart, but what am I even saying? He was Tony Stark of course. 

"She was being a pest," she replies as she sits me down in a chair. 

"Open your mouth," he instructs. I do as told and opened my mouth. He then puts a gauze in my mouth. "You'll be fine. Seems like that was a baby tooth anyway." He then takes the gauze out and puts it into a tube. Then, the gauze seemed to be clear of my blood. "Here, Banner," he says as a curly-haired man came into view. He took the tube from Tony as I was brought into a room. My two wrists were locked down to check my heart rate. I could also guess that they were following my eye movements. 

"Are you ready to start the test?" Tony asked into the mic. They were behind a reflective window again. 

"Yes," I answer. 

"We'll start with the basics, what is your name?" he asks. 

"Logan," I answer. I could tell it came up as truth. I was a good liar after all.