Chapter Twenty Two

Christmas Eve, it was Christmas Eve tonight, and here I was. I stood on a rooftop, across the apartment of my mother and her replacement family. The whole inside was decorated in bright lights with a Christmas tree finely decorated in popcorn, beads, lights, and several decorations. That's when I saw my little sister for the first time. She looked just like mom and nothing like me. Her eyes were of the same hues of her father; a sparkling hazel.

"That could've been all of us," I muttered angrily, "We could all be opening presents together and happily laughing as I make fun of my baby sister."

We were in New Jersey. I had suggested the trip back to the States since I had told the boys we needed to lay low. I told them that Sherlock had figured out that we're FBI fugitives and it'd be best to go back where they'd least expect.

I still hadn't decided whether I was going to kill the baby of my mom and a random man or leave her alone. I had read about her. Her name was also Pandora and she was eleven. She was an average kid. She had no mental disabilities, no hoops she'd have to work to jump through.

Her raven hair was so long and thick, while mine was short and thin. I couldn't help but see how better she was than me at just being a kid. I had never gotten that, but I wanted to judge her based on how we interact tonight. She was part of a caroling group tonight and I'd meet her there.

"Bye, Mom, Dad! I'm off to carol with the neighbors!" she called as she headed out the door to go meet up with the neighbors.

She sighed as she sat herself down on a swing in a park. The little children that had also gone with had begged to play before going home and it being Christmas Eve, all of the adults agreed.

"Hey," I said as I sat down next to her. She turned her head towards me as I began swinging.

"Hey?" she questioned.

"The name's Logan," I told her, "You don't know me if that's what you're wondering."

"Oh, well, my name is Pandora," she said as she too began swinging.

"Those are some pipes you got there. I heard you caroling," I said, "Wish I could sing like that, but I guess being able to play the guitar is as far as I'll get in the music talent."

"What? I wish I could play the guitar! I've tried asking my mom to let me take lessons, but then she gets angry and tells me no," she sighed, "I eventually just stopped asking."

"My dad played the guitar. He taught me at a young age. I only recently got back into it," I informed, "But I can understand why your mom wouldn't want you to play the guitar."

"How?"

"Let's just say it's between me and her," I chuckled, "So, Pandora, what do you do for fun around here?"

"Oh, nothing really. New Jersey is really boring. We mostly look forward to Heroes Day," she says, "It's when the Avengers come by and we throw a huge party."

"So, you like superheroes?" I asked. She eagerly nodded and explained her dream of becoming one of them.

She doesn't understand! She's an idiot! Just like everybody else! All she worries about are dreams and parent issues! I screamed in my head Doesn't she understand that the Avengers are so corrupt?!

"Heh, you don't understand anything," I mumbled, "I was hoping I could spare you, but I can't when you're just like every other spoiled kid."

"What was that?" she asked as she looked down at me.

"Don't worry about it," I laughed, "Merry Christmas, Sis." I stood up from the swing and waved at her. She waved back.

"Yeah, Merry Christmas!"